Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being a scrapper a turn off for girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Huge turn off.

ReputationRep:
    I would immediately be lead to believe that you are either immature or violent. Both of these things scream lack of intelligence.

Conclusion: rise above it.

ReputationRep:
    A massive turn off. The martial arts training, yeah great, I guess that shows a certain amount of talent and commitment. But scrapping? It's pointless and immature.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you follow 'only once or twice to stop these chavs' with 'when I was a kid/younger/a little boy' then I will be put off.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would get the impression you were immature and unable to control yourself (not saying you are, just about guys who scrap in general).

ReputationRep:
    personally speaking, yes its a turn off just cause it automatically makes you seem violent - even though the fights may not have been your fault - its just how it comes across.

ReputationRep:
    I love boys that do martial arts :drool: I do it too =] wouldn't be turned off it was to defend yourself.

I did martial art myself and i see people who behave like u as disrespectful towards martial arts.

ReputationRep:
    "once or twice to back up my friends" will make it look like your friends were the one in the fight and makes you look a good buddy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    wouldn't be turned off it was to defend yourself.
    cool, which it has been every time

i find the martial art lifestyle addictive. Started out with one lesson a week, and gradually grew. Love the whole discipline and self-control aspect of the older arts combined with the fun and awesomeness aspect of more modern style arts. you like martial arts too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did martial art myself and i see people who behave like u as disrespectful towards martial arts.

pssht, please, do you have any idea about the concept of martial arts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    "once or twice to back up my friends" will make it look like your friends were the one in the fight and makes you look a good buddy too.
    lol, thats my new line, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    cool, which it has been every time

i find the martial art lifestyle addictive. Started out with one lesson a week, and gradually grew. Love the whole discipline and self-control aspect of the older arts combined with the fun and awesomeness aspect of more modern style arts. you like martial arts too?
    Yuss I've done shotokan karate for 6 years now, I am a major addict, I use to train like 4/5/6 times a week but couldn't train so much over time cause of work and other stuff so now it's down to about 3. I love the discipline and the whole conditioning your body to make it do what you want, when you see that your technique is spot on it feels amazing =] if I had the time and money I'd take up kendo, aikido, muay thai, ju jitsu, wing chun, ninjitsu. Anything really. I'd LOVE to devote my entire life to learning martial arts. Unfortunately no one will pay me to do that =[

I was at a stage where I was scouted for the JKA (my organisation) england squad but it was right in the middle of A levels so I couldn't commit to it cause I'd have to train all the time. Also the England squad were a bunch of *********, the most 2 faced people I have ever met in my life so having spent a lot of time training with time I didn't really want to be a part of them.

What do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Turn off. You'd become a complete prick in my eyes. Violence aint cool.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think you were a knob.

ReputationRep:
    Offering someone a cigarette diffuses all the situations I've been in. Even ones where knives or worse have been drawn. If they don't smoke, asking them to come in for a drink and a talk over sorts it out.

Ah, good old martial arts. Creates massive lulz when it utterly fails, which is a fair few times in my experince.

The above comes from a friday/saturday night out set of experinces. If the OP is speaking during the day (EDIT: Missed out the a in day!), then epic lulz to you sir.

ReputationRep:
    Turn off, I don't do thugs. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Wouldn't it make it also look like your friends were all immature/violent/unable to control themselves, which is what most of the girls are saying completely turns them off?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.