Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being a scrapper a turn off for girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd be out of the door quicker than you could say Bruce Lee.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it a turn off....in my opinion its good that you can handle yourself in a scrap...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Turn off. You'd become a complete prick in my eyes. Violence aint cool.
    Did you mean to use improper grammar?

Bad English is a massive turn off, more so than someone who fights (I'm not gay but if it was a woman in that situation)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that gets violent outside of the martial arts classroom or 'doju' or whatever its called becomes immediately unattractive. (Well, a bit).

I went on a night out about three weeks ago and met my friend's ex who is 29. He'd had a bit too much to drink and as we were walking past a group of teenagers, he became convinced that he'd heard one lad 'mouthing off' and we spent about 15 minutes restraining him as he circled this 15 year old boy and even slapped the top of his head at one point. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and it made me want to call the police. Don't end up like that.

Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic but boys can be strange sometimes

ReputationRep:
    I'd think it was hot. Not many others seem to think so. Whoops. My bad...

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as most girls are saying that fighting is a turn off, is getting your head kicked in any better?

ReputationRep:
    I think the only girls it appeals to are the girls who are equally, if not better at martial art fighting.

ReputationRep:
    To me it's not being able to fight that's the issue. It's the fact that you've got into the situations where you've felt you had to.

I don't now many people who have only ever got into a bust up when it was someone elses fault. In other words, it would suggest to me that you have initiated some kind of fight. And that is a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it. Why does it turn women off that the man's defending himself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    I think the only girls it appeals to are the girls who are equally, if not better at martial art fighting.

I find it appealing and i can't fight at all....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    "once or twice to back up my friends" will make it look like your friends were the one in the fight and makes you look a good buddy too.
    No it won't. It just makes you look like you have idiotic friends and makes it look like you're part of some 'gang'.

ReputationRep:
    My sisters boyfriend gets in a few fights here and there, but only ever in self defence, my sister hates it, but to stereotype him a violent and stupid would be harsh, he's intelligent, creative and not really violent, he just knows how to fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)

Bad English is a massive turn off, more so than someone who fights (I'm not gay but if it was a woman in that situation)
    Yes, I meant to use it. Not that it's actually anything to do with this thread, anyway.

And yes, I know it should be 'isn't'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFG)
    I don't get it. Why does it turn women off that the man's defending himself?
    Defending himself is fine, looking for fights is not.

ReputationRep:
    It's a massive turn off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)

Talking about grammar, you needed the imperfect subjunctive. Bad English is a massive turnoff, don't you agree?

EDVB

ReputationRep:
    don't listen to these people, continue to hurt chavs. makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    Talking about grammar, you needed the imperfect subjunctive. Bad English is a massive turnoff, don't you agree?

EDVB
    GRAMMAR EH?

loltroll'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)

EDVB
    Yh I was going to finish the sentence off with 'If it was a woman in that situation instead of the guy posting it'. That however would be long so I left it.

I mean most people would probably get what I put as it was meant to be informal. By bad English I don't mean spelling or even complete sentences. I mean grammar like 'it ain't' or 'you ain't', that's just annoying when they don't even know that it doesn't make sense.

Edit:

Wait a second what was wrong with what I put?

'If it was a woman in that situation'

That makes sense because I'm talking about the future not the past.

If it was a woman in that situation, is me using my imagination to think about what I would do in a situation where it was a choice between the two things that I stated. So surely because I'm thinking about the future 'was' is acceptable in the context that I placed it in.

Past would be 'were'.

I'm so confused.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AYE)
    "once or twice to back up my friends" will make it look like your friends were the one in the fight and makes you look a good buddy too.

Errr bad idea. That sounds like you love fighting so much that you won't turn down the opportunity to join a fight that isn't even yours.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.