Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being a scrapper a turn off for girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't imagine it would bother me :/ I know my boyfriend would be violent to protect me, or someone he loves, and I don't see how this is much different :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Yh it's still a bit confusing, bare in mind that I haven't started A level English just yet, have to wait until September. I don't know why you neg'd me though just because I was confused. I presume it was you anyway, if I'm wrong then I do apoligise.
    I never neg. What use is someone's virtual disapproval of another?

Like a lot of of things it really depends on the girls. I have been in a few rumbles, even had a fight with a rottie once. Been spoken too a few times by the Police and have been to court once but it was thrown out . I'm a gym rat and tall too ,look like I could bang but girls don't instantly think I'm a thug until they might find something out.

I would prefer to go out with a girl who was quite honestly sickened by violence as there are girls who find it a serious turn on to have a 'hard' boyfriend ,Bit like these people who get 'status dogs' like staffies and french mastiffs. They even try and start so they can watch their bloke beat someone up. I've been out with a couple of girls like that and one would even asked me if I'd killed anyone. And at the time we was in bed. They soon get bored of me though as I'm actually a bit of a nerd and don't really like fighting especially to get her wet.

Bit to answer the question, yes there are plenty who love a bloke who can beat people up. Bit if you have brains you won't want nothing to do with them unless you like prison cells.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    I never neg. What use is someone's virtual disapproval of another?
    Okay, then as I said I would do. Sorry for falsly accusing you of something you did not do.

It does though beg the question, why would someone randomly neg me ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    I dont know why but this summer I have been getting in a fair few small fights/scraps. I dont claim to be Muhammad Ali or anything, but I can handle myself against the majority of people, even though I look scrawny. I train a lot in martial arts and am a big fitness fan but dont do weights of anything, and look more 'athletic' than big. Dont go to gym as I find it incredibly boring.

I find that when girls first find out I train a lot in martial arts they find it a bit of a turn on. I never bring it up or speak much about it, but if someone asks me what I did last night then I will tell them.

The problem arises when they say "have you ever used it?" as if I am Jean-Claude Van Damme. I normally say "only once or twice to stop these chavs" and it is only once I bring up that I have gotten into the odd fight or two that they find it a bit of a turn off

i.e- their train of thought is

"wow, he can handle himself"

to

"eugh, violent man"

is this true for girls? In future my response will always be "luckily I havnt had to yet".
    Against the majority of people LMFAO, you kid are deluded!

You are clearly a *********** and a complete idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Doctoré de Mystéro)
    Do you train at Kilburn Karate Club?
    Ooh no but they have some awesome people in that club, it's mahoooosive. You've always got Kilburn A,B,C,D,E,F..... at the nationals lol

Are you part of Kilburn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Against the majority of people LMFAO, you kid are deluded!

You are clearly a *********** and a complete idiot

yeah, erm, what?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, erm, what?
    Are the words to long for such a punch drunk scrapper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Are the words to long for such a punch drunk scrapper?

lol, "powerlifter", you are obviously a steroid infested, thick, sweaty man with a single digit IQ who is shallow and cares only for his looks...

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that it's sometimes an absolute necessity

ReputationRep:
    In future my response will always be "luckily I havnt had to yet".
    Good response! Use it "fo'sho'"

ReputationRep:
    I dont know why but this summer I have been getting in a fair few small fights/scraps. I dont claim to be Muhammad Ali or anything, but I can handle myself against the majority of people, even though I look scrawny. I train a lot in martial arts and am a big fitness fan but dont do weights of anything, and look more 'athletic' than big. Dont go to gym as I find it incredibly boring.

I find that when girls first find out I train a lot in martial arts they find it a bit of a turn on. I never bring it up or speak much about it, but if someone asks me what I did last night then I will tell them.

The problem arises when they say "have you ever used it?" as if I am Jean-Claude Van Damme. I normally say "only once or twice to stop these chavs" and it is only once I bring up that I have gotten into the odd fight or two that they find it a bit of a turn off

to

"eugh, violent man"

is this true for girls? In future my response will always be "luckily I havnt had to yet".
    if you really want to fight then go to an mma or boxing gym and do it properly, fighting in the street is a mug's game.

ReputationRep:

to

"eugh, violent man"

reasonable part of brain says he's aggressive & is as bad as the chavs he claims to be stopping

silly uncontrolled part of brain giggles, blushes and says he can defend me and hes strong then flirts some more

of course sane brain wins everytime, i have no idea y silly brain has emerged recently, wierd moterbiker drives past and my eyes follow??? its embarrasing,

ReputationRep:
    There's more to life than girls mate. Would you really prefer getting your arse kicked just so some girl thinks you're "soft and cute xxx"? Personally I just keep some things private, like I wouldn't tell burds any of my stories from the football or many of my political views etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Did you mean to use improper grammar?

Bad English is a massive turn off, more so than someone who fights (I'm not gay but if it was a woman in that situation)
    http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...ammar-nazi.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    if you really want to fight then go to an mma or boxing gym and do it properly, fighting in the street is a mug's game.
    there are 3 ridiculous statements in one sentence :eek:

i) I dont want to fight, completely irrelevant to thread.

ii) going to an MMA or boxing gym... please become at least a little bit knowledgeable on a subject before pretending you know stuff about it. No one I know goes to an MMA gym to fight, and if they do, they need a severe kick in the groin.

iii) fighting in the street is a mugs game? as someone else said a couple of posts above, sometimes it is necessary, and very much not a mugs game.

ReputationRep:

to

"eugh, violent man"

Are you starting me like? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Pffft, martial arts + no gym + no real fights still = soft.

You wanna get girls then learn to get girls - don't boast about fighting abilities its tres lame.

ReputationRep:
    As a hobby or sport, martial arts is quite cool. Fighting or brawling isn't, guys I know who've done it it seems to be a "look how manly I am" sorta thing, and it's not manly or attractive at all. It's just not cool.

ReputationRep:
    It takes a bigger man to walk away even when you know you can kick the **** out of the other guy. I think women understand that. But someone that makes you feel protected and looked after is always going to be a turn on.

And people who do martial arts then resent the fact that they dnt get a chance to use it, or go on about the one time they did have to use it, need to shut up. You should be perfectly happy to practise a martial art all your life without ever having to use it 'on the street.' Talking to the other guy or simply walking away should be your first response no matter how hard you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.