Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not allowed to be upset - flu Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    No you wasn't. Do you know what lampooning means?

I never once asked if it's wrong to be upset. :wtf: I always stated she was a fool for being upset. Get it right.

I like how you went back and deleted your post. :yes: Going back on your words? Tis not the actions of a man. Unfortunately for you it's still quoted in my post. :yes:

Of course I have. :wtf: I slept and drank water and tried to sleep. I didn't cry over the phone to someone who can't help me in the slightest.
    Some people like to know their loved ones are to support them when they're feeling ill. Just because you're fiercely independent, or whatever, it doesn't mean other people have to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel's girl)
    I have had swine flu since friday and am still feeling totally awful. Last night I barely slept due to having such a high temperature and not being able 2 cool down. Earlier I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and started crying basically cos i was just soooo exhausted and drained! he turned round and had a go at me telling me I had no reason or right to be upset. Of course he's upset me even more and done nothing 2make me feel better.

Am i wrong to get upset for being shattered and drained due to flu??
    I've noticed that I always cry for no reason when I have flu. I rarely get ill and I can only remember having it a few times in the past 10 years or so, but each time I had it, just randomly cried and I don't know why.

Tell your boyfriend to stfu and leave you alone. Give him swine flu and when he starts to whine and simper at you for some attention, show him no compassion and see how he likes it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Some people like to know their loved ones are there to support them when they're feeling ill. Just because you're fiercely independent, or whatever, it doesn't mean other people have to be.
    Fair enough, I guess we're just 2 very different people. I don't like to disturb my loved ones over a matter as trivial as the flu, for I know rest and medicine will aid me much more than a pathetic cry over the phone. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I guess we're just 2 very different people. I don't like to disturb my loved ones over a matter as trivial as the flu, for I know rest and medicine will aid me much more than a pathetic cry over the phone. :yes:
    Well actually flu is not trivial, it can be life-threatening, as I'm sure you know.

Or are you one of those people who, when they refer to "flu" actually just mean a really bad cold?

ReputationRep:
    Well actually flu is not trivial, it can be life-threatening, as I'm sure you know.

Or are you one of those people who, when they refer to "flu" actually just mean a really bad cold?
    As long as she has access to medicine and help - if so needed - then a flu is not that life-threatening - unless her health had already been harmed beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    As long as she has access to medicine and help - if so needed - then a flu is not that life-threatening - unless her health had already been harmed beforehand.
    She may have any number of health complications that you or I know nothing about. The antivirals are only useful if you take them in the first two days, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? I've had normal flu a few times and it was AWFUL! Of course you're allowed to be upset, especially when this flu is now killing off normal, healthy people.

What a strange bf! Maybe something has happened to him. Text him to ask if he's ok?

Get off the computer though. My laptop makes me hot and the screen hurts my eyes after a while, it won't be helping you.

ReputationRep:
    She may have any number of health complications that you or I know nothing about. The antivirals are only useful if you take them in the first two days, I believe.
    She did not mention them in her post. I can only assume she feels exhausted and drained. She could also be a fish alien.

Yes... and?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Wtf? I've had normal flu a few times and it was AWFUL! Of course you're allowed to be upset, especially when this flu is now killing off normal, healthy people.

What a strange bf! Maybe something has happened to him. Text him to ask if he's ok?

Get off the computer though. My laptop makes me hot and the screen hurts my eyes after a while, it won't be helping you.
    I've not checked recently but most of the victims (deceased) of swine flu had health problems or were either quite young or quite old... are there any new healthy people who have died from swine flu?

Oh yes, that's true. Why on earth is she only the internet when she should be resting? Then again I already attacked her for crying over the phone :erm: I guess I should be too surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I've not checked recently but most of the victims (deceased) of swine flu had health problems or were either quite young or quite old... are there any new healthy people who have died from swine flu?

Oh yes, that's true. Why on earth is she only the internet when she should be resting? Then again I already attacked her for crying over the phone http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/erm.gif I guess I should be too surprised.
    I can understand how a phonecall to someone she loves can make her feel better, it's a special kind of medicine! But yeah, going on the computer isn't wise.
    I think 2 'healthy' British people died around the same time. A doctor and somebody else, I think? I haven't read a non-local paper for ages, so I can't be sure if there are any more. I remember this because it scared me. Some of my friends were given Tamiflu because of contact with a couple of mates who had it.

Couple of links.

ReputationRep:
    Over here, yes.

ReputationRep:
    She did not mention them in her post. I can only assume she feels exhausted and drained. She could also be a fish alien.

Yes... and?
    There's just no point really, is there...

ReputationRep:
    There's just no point really, is there...
    Then stop posting.

ReputationRep:
    Then stop posting.
    You've been trolling a few H+R threads, haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel's girl)
    I have had swine flu since friday and am still feeling totally awful. Last night I barely slept due to having such a high temperature and not being able 2 cool down. Earlier I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and started crying basically cos i was just soooo exhausted and drained! he turned round and had a go at me telling me I had no reason or right to be upset. Of course he's upset me even more and done nothing 2make me feel better.

Am i wrong to get upset for being shattered and drained due to flu??
    What is there to be upset about? Your boyfriend is right to be irritated.

ReputationRep:
    http://liohi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/swine-flu.jpg

ReputationRep:
    it'll go in two days
    i had/have it
    so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    You've been trolling a few H+R threads, haven't you?
    i've not been trolling. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.