Turn on thread page Beta

Medic Applicants: What Medical School would you love to attend? watch

ReputationRep:
    Which Med School would you ideally attend? (Forget which ones you are applying to for reasons of pragmatism!)

ReputationRep:
    Imperial or Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Ucl

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle or Durham i love the area

ReputationRep:
    Southampton

ReputationRep:
    *awaits the barage of Oxbridge, UCL and Impy*

ReputationRep:
    Barts and the London :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Imperial or Cardiff

If I was applying for Medicine...

ReputationRep:
    leeds. iv just visited and it looks exactly what i have been looking for

and in reply to the post 2 above, i am staying well clear of those unis, i really dont think i would be suited to oxbridge :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    *awaits the barage of Oxbridge, UCL and Impy*
    Brighton and Sussex Medical School :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Brighton and Sussex Medical School :awesome:
    :awesome: :five:

ReputationRep:
    Oxford here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Southampton
    Then why choose Impy? :p: (I assume you have your reasons, I just recall seeing you had an offer from Soton )

Nobody fancy Manchester? It's lovely... honestly

ReputationRep:
    KCL, Barts or Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Then why choose Impy? :p: (I assume you have your reasons, I just recall seeing you had an offer from Soton )
    It was a tough decision. On the one hand, Southampton was an amazing place, and I'd rather stay there than London and it was tons cheaper so the financial side of things would be more manageable. The course also looked good. Plenty to do as well and large shopping centres, the accommodation was also miles better for the price, although that's a minor point.

The course at Imperial was good as well and being London, there's also plenty to do, although a bit crowded for my liking. Honestly though... I chose Imperial because I thought the clinical experience would be better, given the number of tertiary care centres in London and all that, and for the compulsory intercalated year. I might change my mind, but I've always wanted to intercalate and doing it at Southampton... well, you don't have much choice, even if you get a MSc and when you're done, you're in a different year group trying to break into already tight-knit friendship circles.

It probably could have gone either way and now, it seems some people are saying that clinical experience in large hospitals isn't as good as it's made to be because it's far too busy and there isn't much teaching time :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bath

Cardiff and Edinburgh have a certain charm about them.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody actually wants to go to Birmingham?? That's new... :p:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    :p:

I loved it when I visited. The campus and accommodation were gorgeous, the students were really helpful and Prof. Lote was so nice and chatty!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Liking and choosing (over Bristol) are different things :teeth:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post18731891

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.