Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    Before dark its quite nice though.
    If you were to exterminate the populace in one fell swoop...then perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    If you were to exterminate the populace in one fell swoop...then perhaps.
    I met some nice Germans...

The indigenous population is a bit strange though. They do however make an awesome curry.

ReputationRep:
    Barts and the London :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    My experience of Birmingham is that to spend six years there would be a fate worse than a fate worse than death.

Before dark its quite nice though.
    I have spent five years there, and happy it was too. Certain areas are hellholes though.
    Its quite nice where I live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I'm not really sure mate, I think he thinks it's a bit of a ****-hole :p: I'm guessing you're from there?

EDIT: possibly because it's full of brummies? :dontknow:
    I thought I would hate the brum accent but i could hardly notice it when I was there. Im not form there but I reall loove the city. IM applying for Med but not there because I dont have 7 A* otherwise I definitely would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    7 isn't bad, it's like 6 but with a gap year. Considering when people grow older and reflect back on their life, they seem to think that uni was the best part, it's an added benefit. Some people even opt to do an MB PhD which is 8 years :p: (or more if you're not very productive doing research).
    It's 8 then! :getmecoat: :p: If I intercalate plus my gap year it's 8 years although then I'd be BM, BMedSci, MSci! Although I'd better not get too far ahead of myself (some fresher enthusiasm right there ), after a couple of years, I may just want to get through and say '**** the masters' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david_man)
    I thought I would hate the brum accent but i could hardly notice it when I was there. Im not form there but I reall loove the city. IM applying for Med but not there because I dont have 7 A* otherwise I definitely would be
    I've never been but one of my friend's goes there doing english and history of art and absolutely loves it :yep:! I didn't have anything approaching 7A*'s either, where're you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    70-80 of my year group intercalated. Thats a huge amount of people so after third the it all changes anyway. And because of placements people tend to be all over the place.

And in my experience you don't want to be stuck in the teaching hospitals when there are nice friendly DGH's you can go to
    Oh I see. I didn't know that and the prospect of having to make loads of new friends in a year of people who'd already formed friendship groups just seemed quite daunting.

You see, I should have spoken to people like you before deciding, but I spoke to some teachers at school instead who gave me the impression that large teaching hospitals would mean better clinical experience as you get to see more, do more and learn more. But yea, after reading some comments, I guess it's probably true that the doctors will be far too busy in such a hectic hospital and smaller hospitals would probably give you more "contact time".

Oh well, I've made my decision anyway and it's a good thing there wasn't really a wrong decision to make :p: I'll never know what I missed anyway With what you mentioned in mind, it'll just be weighing up the benefit of the extra options for intercalation against Southampton generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I've never been but one of my friend's goes there doing english and history of art and absolutely loves it :yep:! I didn't have anything approaching 7A*'s either, where're you thinking of applying?
    Lol just Pmed you
    Hoping to apply to
    Southhampton
    Keele
    Sheffield/leeds
    Leicester

I havent decided yet hahah

ReputationRep:
    Rumours were that this year they reverted to only interviewing 8A*s and above in the second half of the interview cycle

ReputationRep:
    Rumours were that this year they reverted to only interviewing 8A*s and above in the second half of the interview cycle
    Ooooh, aparantly if you get 7/8* or more then your 90% of getting an interview
    is thats true?

ReputationRep:
    Dundeee- I fell in love with the place =)

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, aparantly if you get 7/8* or more then your 90% of getting an interview
    is thats true?
    Based on previous years, roughly 90% of people interviewed get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Based on previous years, roughly 90% of people interviewed get an offer.
    And roughly 60% of people decline that offer :p:

ReputationRep:
    And roughly 60% of people decline that offer :p:
    As they all accepted an offer from Oxbridge :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    As they all accepted an offer from Oxbridge :rofl:
    I'm surprised you haven't got a feedback form yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you haven't got a feedback form yet :p:
    Plus I'm one of the few who actually fit that criteria :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Plus I'm one of the few who actually fit that criteria :giggle:
    I just put a line through that section and wrote:

"How is this relevant??"

ReputationRep:
    I just put a line through that section and wrote:

"How is this relevant??"
    Did you use both question marks? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Swansea (but they dont want me! ), or Nottingham (they want me! :woo: ).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.