Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Neither, my thighs would rip them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I know! You'd expect the skinny jean hate to erupt earlier

They look good on no-one. You either look like someone who is scene or someone who is painfully scene. Or a retard. And none of those are good looks :no:
    Tbh nothing wrong with scene style its bigger than indie in America and hopefully will be in the UK + the girls look amazing :p: if the girls like skinny jeans who cares what other guys think your not trying to attract them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    Tbh nothing wrong with scene style its bigger than indie in America and hopefully will be in the UK + the girls look amazing :p: if the girls like skinny jeans who cares what other guys think your not trying to attract them.
    Actually I am. I'm a gay, you see.

And as evidenced by lots of posts about skinny jeans, they are not liked by all girls. Or even most girls for that matter. Personally, if I was into vagina, I would want to appeal to the biggest section of those that have them. I dunno maybe that's just me :dontknow:

Continuing on with the genitalia theme, scenesters are mostly all cocks, and considering you made it quite clear you're after pussy I would suggest trying not to attract them :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I NO I IZ FASHUN CRUSADER:horse:

I'm sorry, but when I see people who think this crap looks good I feel compelled to tell them they're wrong. And anyway I'm not really going to listen to anyone who likes Pete Doherty so :dontknow:
    I'd love to change my username, it screams I'M A STEROTYPICAL INDIE KID AND I LOVE PETE DOHERTY doesn't it.

Which I.R. not

In all seriousness i don't really understand the stigma attached to skinny jeans, i just naturally see them the same as any other type of jeans but just a variant. I don't really subscribe to the view which has been suggested earlier that 'skinny jeans worn by boys look so tasty'. They just seem normal in modernity.

If you don't like them that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Actually I am. I'm a gay, you see.

And as evidenced by lots of posts about skinny jeans, they are not liked by all girls. Or even most girls for that matter. Personally, if I was into vagina, I would want to appeal to the biggest section of those that have them. I dunno maybe that's just me :dontknow:

Continuing on with the genitalia theme, scenesters are mostly all cocks, and considering you made it quite clear you're after pussy I would suggest trying not to attract them :sadnod:
    tbh id prefer someone who likes what i like so wearing what attracts people i like and cuts out the rest would be better, even if i didnt wear scene clothes my music would sure as hell scare away anyone expecting otherwise lol, any i havent really had problems with other scene kids some are just a little wierd to those whoa rent part of their 'group' no different to the metal head kids where i live and they preppy kids. Each to their own though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Is that link in your sig supposed to link to your Lookbook or are you just advertising it? I was disappointed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteDoherty)
    I'd love to change my username, it screams I'M A STEROTYPICAL INDIE KID AND I LOVE PETE DOHERTY doesn't it.

Which I.R. not

In all seriousness i don't really understand the stigma attached to skinny jeans, i just naturally see them the same as any other type of jeans but just a variant. I don't really subscribe to the view which has been suggested earlier that 'skinny jeans look boys look so tasty'. They just seem normal in modernity.

If you don't like them that's fine.
    Well you did happen to pick a username which reminds me of a douchebag (a.k.a. Pete Doherty), which didn't help.

I couldn't care less what other people think re: skinny jean stigma, I just cannot understand why people think they look good. Like how girls right now are wearing leggings ALL THE SODDING TIME. It's ugly and annoying.

The skinny jean thing bugs me because SO many guys wear them not because they like them, but because they're "cool". That really ***** me off.

Also I live in Camden so am subjected to scene douchebags every day :dry:

Idk I just have always hated people trying to be cool i.e. something they're not. Skinny jeans just embody my hatred :teeth:

tbh id prefer someone who likes what i like so wearing what attracts people i like and cuts out the rest would be better, even if i didnt wear scene clothes my music would sure as hell scare away anyone expecting otherwise lol, any i havent really had problems with other scene kids some are just a little wierd to those whoa rent part of their 'group' no different to the metal head kids where i live and they preppy kids. Each to their own though.
    I'm sorry, I would read that but it's a spelling and grammar fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    Is that link in your sig supposed to link to your Lookbook or are you just advertising it? I was disappointed...
    I just really like the picture in it tbh :teeth:

Considering I joined yesterday and all my friends with cameras are currently out of the country I have precisely 0 looks at this moment. Actually all my friends with and without cameras have ****ed off of out the country. This is what you get for making friends with internationals :dry:

Please be assured that a) when I post them they will not involve skinny jeans and b) yes I am prepared for the distinct possibility that they will suck and I will look like a dork.

But that won't stop me from trying :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Please be assured that a) when I post them they will not involve skinny jeans and b) yes I am prepared for the distinct possibility that they will suck and I will look like a dork.

But that won't stop me from trying :holmes:
    :rofl2:

I don't actually have one myself I just like perving at other peoples. It would be interesting to see how people from TSR dress anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    :rofl2:

I don't actually have one myself I just like perving at other peoples. It would be interesting to see how people from TSR dress anyway.
    You could just ask :curious:

Personally I wear a mixture of things. Mostly jeans on the bottom half, Ted Baker, Energie, Abercrombie, Bershka, Pepe Jeans and Mango for men (only one pair by Mango and Pepe Jeans but I do wear them a lot). I wear Abercrombie hoodies for comfort during the day (have one Ted Baker one actually), and a Ted Baker trench/military jacket/Diesel Jacket/Tommy Hilfiger black wool coat/random shirt (Farhi, Ted Baker, Abercrombie, Pepe jeans) at night (don't like wearing a tshirt with nothing on top for some reason).
    Tshirts come from everywhere. All the previously mentioned brands, lots more that I can't think of.
    Shoes range from well-worn brown Diesels, vintage red Nike's, white and green Energies, Black leather Ted Baker driving shoes, battered Puma's, and various flip flops for the summer.
    Wearing Abercrombie shorts a lot these days, mainly because they're the only shorts I've found at the length I like (just above the knee) and they're comfy.

As you can see Abercrombie and Ted Baker are where I mostly get clothes from, although Abercrombie is changing as I can't be arsed ordering them from the US/paying through the nose in the UK for them. Pepe Jeans, Reiss and Mango are brands I've begun to really like recently, Energie and Ted Baker have been favourites for years. I love new Burberry but too expensive.

That give you an idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    You could just ask :curious:

Personally I wear a mixture of things. Mostly jeans on the bottom half, Ted Baker, Energie, Abercrombie, Bershka, Pepe Jeans and Mango for men (only one pair by Mango and Pepe Jeans but I do wear them a lot). I wear Abercrombie hoodies for comfort during the day (have one Ted Baker one actually), and a Ted Baker trench/military jacket/Diesel Jacket/Tommy Hilfiger black wool coat/random shirt (Farhi, Ted Baker, Abercrombie, Pepe jeans) at night (don't like wearing a tshirt with nothing on top for some reason).
    Tshirts come from everywhere. All the previously mentioned brands, lots more that I can't think of.
    Shoes range from well-worn brown Diesels, vintage red Nike's, white and green Energies, Black leather Ted Baker driving shoes, battered Puma's, and various flip flops for the summer.
    Wearing Abercrombie shorts a lot these days, mainly because they're the only shorts I've found at the length I like (just above the knee) and they're comfy.

As you can see Abercrombie and Ted Baker are where I mostly get clothes from, although Abercrombie is changing as I can't be arsed ordering them from the US/paying through the nose in the UK for them. Pepe Jeans, Reiss and Mango are brands I've begun to really like recently, Energie and Ted Baker have been favourites for years. I love new Burberry but too expensive.

That give you an idea?
    How the **** can you wear that and feel that you're allowed an opinion on fashion.

I'm not even going to elaborate on that, if you can't work it out then... - actually I wouldn't be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    skinny jeans and men should not be in the same sentence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    How the **** can you wear that and feel that you're allowed an opinion on fashion.

I'm not even going to elaborate on that, if you can't work it out then... - actually I wouldn't be surprised.
    I make no apologies for wearing Abercrombie if that's what you're getting at.

Better that then shop at Topman.

ReputationRep:
    hate skinny jeans on guys :s

ReputationRep:
    wierd, all my friends shop there and have no problems, perhaps its different store to store, ive been to about 3 different ones and they all have varying stock, why hate a shop lol ?
    Why hate it? I cannot stand their 'style', this fashion following they've created in which everyone looks exactly the same. I hate that I can't even wear skinny jeans a lot of the time without looking like a Topman clone. I hate the atmosphere in their shops, it's just horrible. I hate that they think they're really different and I suppose trendy when they're really really not, and I hate how they try to start trends which really, really shouldn't catch on but because they've got such a large userbase they do catch on. I just hate everything about that shop.

Commenting on the quality, I will admit that I have shopped there occasionally in the past, and a t-shirt that I bought less than 2 years ago (I think a year and a half) and have not worn particularly frequently completely fell apart the other day. I was very happy to throw it away, but you're buying overpriced tripe. (I'm not saying it's particularly expensive, but for the quality of what you're buying it's awful)

And why oh why did this have to come into another thread about whether or not men 'should' wear skinny jeans, the OP just wanted some advice about which ones to choose and was clearly only looking for help from people who actually like skinny jeans.

ReputationRep:
    dont waste money at topshop , youll look the same as everyone else, if you want jeans, just get girls ones from primark , they are way cheaper, and fit the same. and last way longer.

paddy seems like he buys for the brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kooljoe128)
    just get girls ones from primark , they are way cheaper, and fit the same. and last way longer.
    I think this sums up the whole "Men should not wear skinny jeans" argument.

Thanks. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    OH NO , you dont like them! i might go and cry. you dont have to wear them you know, so , suck my nads.

ReputationRep:
    "Skinny Jeans" and "men" do not fit into the same sentence.

ReputationRep:
    but you just managed to do it ? what on earth.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.