Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If anyones on Facebook 'Royal Air Force - RAF' group you might have already seen this post but if not heres some info regarding PRTC from August.

"Hi All,
    hopefully most of you will be informed in the next few days by your own recruiting staff. From august onwards anyone attending their Pre Rtc (1.5days at RAF Halton) who fails to achieve the required level with regards to fitness could possibly lose their allocated date for joining and have it put back. For further information you should seek guidance from your recruiter/AFCO.

So for all of you who have been struggling with fitness or have slacked off since passing your pre joining fitness test i suggest that you ensure that you are FIT for when you attend Pre RTc or you could have your date for entering service delayed/or even removed altogether.
    Any further questions please contact me or your office"

Quote: James Shortle RAF Recruiter.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...c=10890&ref=mf

Though it shouldn't pose a problem as the pass scores are pretty easy for anyone whos come this far in the application process. Even if they have slacked off a little.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the post. Would you be able to give me some information as to when i will be given my three dates. I passed my fitness test last thursday and the officer said i will get them when they recieve them but on average when do you get them when you have passed your fitness test.

ReputationRep:
    No worries, I got mine within a week of passing my PJFT. But it does vary AFCO to AFCO, you will recieve 2 dates, your PRTC and your initial joining dates, both of which could and do change (could be brought foward or postponed).
    Your final interview date is posted after your PRTC.

ReputationRep:
    No way! im currently having physio on my legs and have my PRTC Nov 18th! shall i see how i am nearer the time and then speak to the AFCO? as u can imagine ive waited along time for my dates and dont want to delay them for much longer.

Does anybody know if i delay my PRTC- will RT be delayed also?

How fruhstrating..i really felt at my peak on my PJFT and then i go and get an injury.

Also do i now need to note this on my medical form??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pressure Pressure Pressure!!!!!!!!!!

Must Pass!!!!!!!!! Must Pass!!!!!!!!!!!! Must Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My advise to anyone at the moment is to get out and run, and do lots of core exercises as that is what i mainly did.
    Everyone should be ok passing the minimum mark as it really IS the minimum you need to achieve.
    Don't worry about it too much as 95% of my intake reached the minimum easily (that is on day 02).
    During PT i've only done a couple of aero runs, most of the running i have done has been from sprinting around the gym and shuttles. As for the pushup and situps, try and get loads of core exercises into your workout.

If you need any more info just PM me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.