Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    If you join their Facebook page (there's a UK-specific one), they always post any relevant shipping codes there
    Thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I received my order today! A mini review of them:

Studio complexion brush - Very soft. Can be used for liquid or powder. I tried applying liquid foundation using this and felt it was too floppy. It would help if it was a little stiff. Would be better for applying powder with. It delivered a nice, natural finish though.

All over color stick - I like the initial look, but it doesn't last very long at all. To maintain the colour, you'd have to reapply 4,849,494 million times a day.

Cuticle pen - it's a bit too hard and doesn't dispense enough product.

I don't think the products are bad, especially for the price - although I still maintain my view that you generally get what you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    My order arrived today! Well yesterday but had to go pick the damn thing up from royal mail (though i was in yesterday :mad:)! I'll give a review of my things later this evening, can't wait to try them out!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought with the blusher/bronzer duo, the bronzer is REALLY pigmented, so i'm finding it hard not to apply too much...I end up looking tantastic when I even use a teeny bit, I need to find the knack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    I thought with the blusher/bronzer duo, the bronzer is REALLY pigmented, so i'm finding it hard not to apply too much...I end up looking tantastic when I even use a teeny bit, I need to find the knack!
    I was the same at first! I'm super pale and find that i only need to lightly touch the product with my brush, place it on my face and blend blend blend.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a load of stuff....ooops.

I got:
    Eyebrow Lifter & Filler
    Concealer Pencil & Blender Brush
    Eyebrow Kit
    Blush & Bronzer Compact
    Complexion Perfection Compact
    Lip Definer & Shaper
    Small Precision Brush
    Contour Brush
    Complexion Brush
    Eyeshadow C Brush

not bad at all for £30 and free delievery (yay for the discount code) I just want it all to come now, when I get paid I'll get the rest of the brushes and the belt =D
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I want to try the angled foundation brush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)
    I want to try the angled foundation brush!
    I have this brush and I'm not 100% sold on it to be honest... it's actually a nice brush (soft, well-made) and I like the angle to it, however personally I find it a bit flimsy. Overall it's fine and definitely still good value for money, but ignoring the price it wouldn't be my first choice.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have this brush and I'm not 100% sold on it to be honest... it's actually a nice brush (soft, well-made) and I like the angle to it, however personally I find it a bit flimsy. Overall it's fine and definitely still good value for money, but ignoring the price it wouldn't be my first choice.
    Oh, I wrongly assumed it would that be firmer than the complexion brush :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)
    Oh, I wrongly assumed it would that be firmer than the complexion brush :p:
    It is firmer than the complexion brush (which is more of a "bushy" type of brush, more like your typical powder brush). But personally I would prefer it if it was slightly firmer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It is firmer than the complexion brush (which is more of a "bushy" type of brush, more like your typical powder brush). But personally I would prefer it if it was slightly firmer.
    Ah, I see

I'll give it a try, I guess, it's not going to break the bank! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mini review of some of the things I bought:

Small Smudge Brush - love it, works really well.
    Waterproof Lenthening and Volumising Mascara - Brown - Not as good as Max Factor, but at £3.50 I think it's pretty good!
    Brightening Eye Color - Pretty n Pink - I like the colours, but the staying power isn't too great, but good enough for a night out.
    Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Coffee - SMELLS!! The brush it really hard and was tricky to apply. Looks okay though.
    e.l.f. Professional Shine Eraser - works like a charm
    Eye Shadow Brush - love this little brush!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I sent them an email pointing out the spelling of: Lenthening :p:

They've sorted it now! :cool:

Anyway, girlies, £1 shipping using the code: QUIDSIN

It expires midnight Sunday.

I am thinking of purchasing a mineral lipstick and the shine eraser.

ReputationRep:
    The blush in the contouring bronzer and blush set is gorgeous, but a bit glittery, still from what I've heard it's only the top bit that is glittery so with a of brushing about it should be ok. The bronzer is really really dark as well, but as I'm so pale that's to be expected. i forgot to buy a powder brush and I'm finding the bronzer very hard to blend with the complexion brush so I'll have to buy that now I've got a £1 shipping code by email (QUIDSIN - btw on orders over a fiver).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    The blush in the contouring bronzer and blush set is gorgeous, but a bit glittery, still from what I've heard it's only the top bit that is glittery so with a of brushing about it should be ok. The bronzer is really really dark as well, but as I'm so pale that's to be expected. i forgot to buy a powder brush and I'm finding the bronzer very hard to blend with the complexion brush so I'll have to buy that now I've got a £1 shipping code by email (QUIDSIN - btw on orders over a fiver).
    Oh glad its not just me that can't blend the bronzer with the complexion brush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    Oh glad its not just me that can't blend the bronzer with the complexion brush!
    The blush blends fine and everything else is fine with the complexion brush, but for some stupid reason when I use the complexion brush with the bronzer it just sits on my face and doesn't budge.
    I think my face is way too round for contouring anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The blush blends fine and everything else is fine with the complexion brush, but for some stupid reason when I use the complexion brush with the bronzer it just sits on my face and doesn't budge.
    Ditto! I have tried contouring and my face is just too round I wish I had cheekbones. It just looks like I have a random bit of bronzer in the wrong place when I tried to contour. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    Wow other ELF fanatics ...I'll give you my verdict on the products I have got:

Waterproof Eyeliner Pen Black - Don't Bother!
    Plumping lip glaze - Really like it.,
    Blush (in Mineral section) It gives light light colour maybe because I got it in a really light shade...
    Shimmering Facial Whip A little goes a long way..don't get it in a shade too bright especially if ur really fair
    Hollywood Eyelashes Kit Hollywood Eyelashes Not tested this out yet but seems promising
    Brightening Eye Colour I really like this..got 2..get light colours for a nice summery day to day look..
    Eye primer and liner sealer not tried the liner sealer but the primer is bloody great..i use my fingers for it!
    Blending Brush Same as the studio line contour brush..a bit more fluffier..but does the job better than most other brushes
    Eyeshadow Brush really good
    Eyeshadow C Brush (studio line) its quite packed and chunky..but i still like it
    Contour Brush (studio line) similar to the blending brush..lovely
    Powder Brush (studio line) these brushes are just amazing!
    Complexion Brush (studio line) good good
    Complexion Perfection It really depends on how uneven ur skin tone is..but generally its quite good..not really used it much
    All Over Cover Stick really good

is it sad that I buy makeup like mad and do hair and makeup for people..yet dont use it much myself!

ReputationRep:
    £1 shipping codes:
    UK: QUIDSIN
    EU: UNOSHIP

Offer ends midnight Saturday 22/08/09

Hope thats of use to someone

ReputationRep:
    Use only a very tiny amount on the brush at a time & blend like crazy.
    It also helps if you powder your face first - bronzer will stick to the skin if you're wearing any sort of moist product (e.g. liquid foundation, concealer) without powdering over the top, which can make it look quite dark or uneven.

It is a very pigmented colour though, even for me, so right now I am layering my products. I use a little of the Studio Bronzer in Warm on my face, especially the cheekbone area, then I just apply a little of the bronzer from the blush/bronzer duo in the hollow of my cheeks. I also have a round face (you can see in my pic :p: ) but this seems to work ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.