Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    Use only a very tiny amount on the brush at a time & blend like crazy.
    It also helps if you powder your face first - bronzer will stick to the skin if you're wearing any sort of moist product (e.g. liquid foundation, concealer) without powdering over the top, which can make it look quite dark or uneven.

It is a very pigmented colour though, even for me, so right now I am layering my products. I use a little of the Studio Bronzer in Warm on my face, especially the cheekbone area, then I just apply a little of the bronzer from the blush/bronzer duo in the hollow of my cheeks. I also have a round face (you can see in my pic ) but this seems to work ok.
    Yeh I think I might try the warm bronzers and scrap this one in the duo because it really is too dark, although I salvaged my make up this morning with a Ruby & Millie eyeshadow brush and complexion perfect in blue brushing over the splodge of bronzer lol!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    £1 delivery code: SMSOFFER1

Since I quite like the Studio Line brushes, I decided to give these products a go.

I bought:

Mostly due to the hype, but I like the packaging too :p: Looks very Nars-esque.

I also bought:

mostly to see what the last shade looks like on me!

The US website's Studio Range has items like eyeshadows and various other bits. I wonder when they will be introduced in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    I think I remember hearing that they were going to update the UK site this month sometime.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume that if their launch of Studio here went well that they will introduce the newer products sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    I think I read on twitter that the extra products will be around in Oct/Nov time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The products arrived today.

Eyebrow kit - Impressed. The wax could be a tad darker though. I was worried that the powder part would be far too light, but in the end, I didn't really need to use it as the pigmented wax did the job. I did dust the power over my eyebrows though. It is effective at filling in gaps, or creating fuller eyebrows. Will definitely keep this in my make-up bag, just in case of a disaster when plucking my eyebrows! Good alternative to similar versions by Benefit, Uban Decay, etc.

Blush and bronzer duo - blusher is well pigmented, came on with ease, I don't like the glitter/shimmer though. I wouldn't wear it during the day. The blusher was more problematic - the colour is a bit muddy (I would only really recommend it for those who are probably...an NC/NW 45 in MAC and above). The colour isn't so natural and it didn't come on with such ease.

Eyeshadows - poorly pigmented, no staying power (and I did prime before)

Again, ELF has proved to be a bit of a hit and miss.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried the new High Definition powder? http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~144.htm

I've been thinking about buying it because it seems to look very similar to the Make Up For Ever HD microfinish powder http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210400 which isn't available over here but i've heard great things about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    Has anyone tried the new High Definition powder? http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~144.htm

I've been thinking about buying it because it seems to look very similar to the Make Up For Ever HD microfinish powder http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210400 which isn't available over here but i've heard great things about it
    I've been wondering this too. The ELF product has dimethicone as the main ingredient, which is a form of silicone, so it seems to be essentially the same product. It has great reviews on the ELF US website too... Personally I'm planning to order it, but I'm planning to wait until they release the Studio eyeshadows & those huge Studio makeup palettes they have on the US site (apparently that'll be soon) :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a fair bit of ELF stuff but the only thing I've bought from the studio range is the Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~126.htm which I think is brilliant. I always have horrific bags and dark circles under my eyes and the concealer is amazing at covering them up. The highlighter side is great too, giving a really nice subtle glow.

Can anyone comment on the Mineral Glow and Mineral Booster powders? (From the Mineral range, not Studio)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl001)
    I have a fair bit of ELF stuff but the only thing I've bought from the studio range is the Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~126.htm which I think is brilliant. I always have horrific bags and dark circles under my eyes and the concealer is amazing at covering them up. The highlighter side is great too, giving a really nice subtle glow.

Can anyone comment on the Mineral Glow and Mineral Booster powders? (From the Mineral range, not Studio)
    I haven't read one bad review on that undereye concealer, I may have to try it.
    I've never tried their mineral stuff, but I've read a lot of reviews and again haven't heard a bad one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    I've been wondering this too. The ELF product has dimethicone as the main ingredient, which is a form of silicone, so it seems to be essentially the same product. It has great reviews on the ELF US website too... Personally I'm planning to order it, but I'm planning to wait until they release the Studio eyeshadows & those huge Studio makeup palettes they have on the US site (apparently that'll be soon)
    They have the studio eyeshadows up already, but I don't think I can bring myself away from MAC eyeshadows, they're my guilty pleasure even if they cost £5 more each!! I'd love someone to tell me they're amazing though, I might go about depotting them into MAC pallette.

//edit, no they don't. omg I'm such a ditz!

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered the HD powder, concealer pencil and brush, natural radiance blush in glow, mineral foundation and the complexion brush

ReputationRep:
    This morning I ordered:

Nail polish in 'light pink'
    Studio Complexion perfection
    Custom eyes in Periwinkle
    Studio lip primer and plumper in natural
    Studio brightening eyeliner in Coffee
    Studio under eye concealer and highlighter in light
    Studio eyeshadow c brush
    Studio high definition powder
    Studio eye primer and liner sealer in natural
    Studio brightening eye color in silver lining
    Feather proof moisturizing lip liner in natural blush
    Theraputic conditioning lip balm in vanilla creme
    Clarifyed pressed powder in tone two
    Nail polish in blush

So quite a bit! I am an ELF virgin so have never tried any of their products before, heard really good things though so hopefully wont be disappointed!

Will write some reviews if anyone's interested
    =)

ReputationRep:
    Just to let everyone know - ELF is offering free delivery on orders over £10 until midnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunarsea)
    Just to let everyone know - ELF is offering free delivery on orders over £10 until midnight.
    since when?
    wish i'd waited before I ordered now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    since when?
    wish i'd waited before I ordered now :p:
    Since about 4hrs ago. They posted the code on their uk facebook page. Unlucky. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just got my order...pretty quick for standard delivery!
    The HD powder is brilliant, it just gives a smooth finish and minimises pores. The concealer pencil gives great coverage and the mineral foundation is lovely and covered the redness in my cheeks (even if the pot is a lot smaller than I imagined it to be)
    Can't complain for the price really and i'll probably be ordering more soon

ReputationRep:
    ELF have just added MORE Studio products to their range. I knew they were adding the huge makeup palettes & eyeshadows, but now we also have:
    - Blushes
    - Blush brush
    - Kabuki brush
    - Brush cleansers
    - Glosses
    - Lip stains
    - Brush holders
    - Lip balm

I looooove the Studio products so far. I just went nuts at MAC last week so I won't go crazy just yet, but I'm sure I will do a massive ELF order soon :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I just saw all the new products. Sadly the things I'd like to try came to £45 i need some money to mysteriously fall into my purse from nowhere. I'm definitely eager to try the corrective concealer palette thing though. I'm a concealer nut.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I want to try the new products, especially the mineral infused face primer, lip stain brush cleaner and high definition powder...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.