Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi! i've been wondering if it is difficult to get into Aston, i'm an international student , and an average rate of 8 out 10 (spanish qualifications) , gonna take the toelf test in september, so i hope i get over 90 points.
    So my point is... is it difficult to be accepted?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Demand and difficulty is based upon the specific course. I'm not sure how hard it is from an international perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Demand and difficulty is based upon the specific course. I'm not sure how hard it is from an international perspective
    i'm actually chosing Economics and Managment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeubrotha)
    i'm actually chosing Economics and Managment!
    If it's a pure business school course, then you will most likely have no leniency with your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    If it's a pure business school course, then you will most likely have no leniency with your offer
    U think i'm going to get in?? i didn't understand your answer! :p:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    he thinks you have a better chance doing Economics and Management in comparison to doin a Business degree

ReputationRep:
    Just apply and see what happens. It's not worth worrying over in the meantime!

ReputationRep:
    Aston is a mid range university in Britain. Considering you have the right predicted grades, you will have no problem getting an offer. But I am almost certain in a course related to Economics, with the increasing popularity, you will have to at least meet those academic conditions to be allowed into the university. It will be very unlikely you will be granted the place if you fail to make the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thug05)
    he thinks you have a better chance doing Economics and Management in comparison to doin a Business degree
    No, that specific course is part of the business school

ReputationRep:
    Aston's put their requirements up so just apply and see what happens. It's hard to say to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidcy147)
    Aston is a mid range university in Britain.
    I think Aston is better than mid-range, especially the business school.

ReputationRep:
    Rankings quibbles aside, I would say Aston is a very easy university to get into if you make their required grades, i.e there are no extra requirements such as interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Rankings quibbles aside, I would say Aston is a very easy university to get into if you make their required grades, i.e there are no extra requirements such as interviews
    Seconded

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.