Turn on thread page Beta

muscular endurance for punches watch

ReputationRep:
    what should i be looking to do to develop my muscular endurance?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your punching technique is perfected first. And that you're comfortable punching in that way.

Punch a punchbag as hard and quick as you can for as long as you can, until you think you'll pass out. Take a rest. Drink some water.

Repeat until you can't feel your arms.

ReputationRep:
    A good drill that I quite like is something along the lines of... (heavy bag)

1. 1-2's for as fast and as hard as possible, flat out for 30 secs
    2. 30 Burpees or Barbell Thrusters or Pressups
    3. Repeat 4-5 times.
    4. 3-4 rounds.

Make sure your technique is right too. Just hitting the bags a lot will improve endurance.

ReputationRep:
    When I see people punching punch bags with bad form it makes apart of my heart break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    When I see people punching punch bags with bad form it makes apart of my heart break.
    You should add that to your sig.

ReputationRep:
    pecs.

ReputationRep:
    Also, bench. Make it explosive.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously before undertaking any sort of drills that have been already recommended, make sure you do a good warm up and stretch of your upper body muscles. If you are going to push yourself to the limits (i.e. with burst training until you can't feel your arms any longer) that is intense training and you WILL do yourself damage by thrashing cold muscles. Also stretching your muscles before and after training will help make them more flexible, and make your punches faster and more powerful.

Aside from just practicing your punching, exercises such as swimming which work all the muscles in your upper body can help you develop strength, as well as all the usuals (pushups, burpees, weight training etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    Yeh, same although it makes me a massive hypocrite because I go swimming and my form is ****.

I take time out to give people pointers now, rather than just cringing.

Just doesn't seem to be a natural motion for a lot of people.

The really funny ones though are the massive meatheads who punch with every muscle in their body tensed up, with massive haymakers and no lower body movement at all, get knackered after about 20 seconds and walk off wheezing but with a smug look of 'yeh... I would have totally destroyed that guy'.

Get a lot of them in Cardiff for some reason

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.