Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just a few questions if anyone can help plx:
    How difficult will it be to get

A total of 15 Level 2 credits and 45 Level 3Credits. The Level 3 Credits must include a minimum of 30 credits in Biology and/or Chemistry.
    Or

Diploma with the maximum award of 60 credits overall and 45 at level three. Supplementary information and achievement eg percentage mark/scores for certain credits/subjects will be required

Are these requirement above extremely hard to achieve??

And has anyone done an access course in science?? How hard did you difficult it? Were the maths in the course easy or hand and were the AS or A2 or hander maths??

Thnx

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you about credits; my access course worked on a different system.

However, I did do a one year science access course (Biology and Chemistry). The content of the course came thick and fast. I did a lot of reading, a lot of essays, a lot of practical classes and a whole lot of coursework. It was incredibly hard work, but worth it in the end. Another one of my modules was Statistics, which was basically GCSE maths with a few new bits, and a rundown of many, many hypothesis tests that I used in my first year of uni (studying Biology) a lot, so I'm really glad I did that module. I'd imagine the maths with something like Physics would be more difficult.

Overall, it was difficult and fast paced, but if you put in the work and effort, you'll do well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethan_L)
    Hi,
    Just a few questions if anyone can help plx:
    How difficult will it be to get

A total of 15 Level 2 credits and 45 Level 3Credits. The Level 3 Credits must include a minimum of 30 credits in Biology and/or Chemistry.
    Or

Diploma with the maximum award of 60 credits overall and 45 at level three. Supplementary information and achievement eg percentage mark/scores for certain credits/subjects will be required

Are these requirement above extremely hard to achieve??

And has anyone done an access course in science?? How hard did you difficult it? Were the maths in the course easy or hand and were the AS or A2 or hander maths??

Thnx

ive been told by university to get atleast 30 level 3 credits in chemistry and/or biology. for me that easy because i am allready doing 14 level 3 credits in chemistry and 24 level 3 credits in biology tottaling 38 level 3 credits. however these are requirements for me to get onto a pharmacy degree at uni, what course are u wanting to get on to??

ReputationRep:

That should be easy to get as it doesn't specify any particular grades (e.g. merit or distinction) or percentages. Just means you have to pass each assigment which, if it's the same as my course was, is very easy to do as you only needed to score 40% on an assigment to pass. So as long as 30 of the credits on your course are for biology/chemistry modules, that condition just means pass the access course.
    Same thing but harder because they will see how well you have scored for your assigments so you will have to do well to look good, as opposed to on mine I could get 40% on everything and scrape through with a pass and the uni wouldn't know.

Hope that helps, not sure it will lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.