Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lads, how would you react? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If a girl you've been friends with for quite a long time just told you one day she liked you as more than a friend?

If you didn't like her back would you be awkward with her or be fine a respect the fact she's had the confidence to say?

I'm on the verge of finally telling someone i like them but I'm afraid of how he'll be if the sentiments aren't returned.

ReputationRep:
    a bit of both I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flattered, he's a lucky guy heh. But nah I'd respect her confidence probs but every lad is different of course.

ReputationRep:
    Flattered and respectful. Regardless of my own feelings it would without a doubt be something I'd rather hear about.

ReputationRep:
    The guys i'd know would just be like "oh right, okay.." and then deal with how they feel afterwards - so if the reaction you get at first isn't one you were expecting don't be too disheartened. However with some they might see it as changing things.. if you word it right you can overcome that though

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be the timing aswell =/

I'm turning 17 tomorrow and I've liked him since the first day of year 7 o.O I've left it way too long. How on earth do you tell someone though :|

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend tell me this ages ago, unfortunatly I didn't feel the same so had to tell her that.

I did say that we'd always be friends etc but she changed, I think she felt a bit exposed or something. Our friendship changed hugely we're still mates but only speak to each other once in a blue moon ...

ReputationRep:
    I'd like it.. in fact I'm sure it would be super-fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_robyn_giggles)
    If a girl you've been friends with for quite a long time just told you one day she liked you as more than a friend?

If you didn't like her back would you be awkward with her or be fine a respect the fact she's had the confidence to say?

I'm on the verge of finally telling someone i like them but I'm afraid of how he'll be if the sentiments aren't returned.
    I'd probably string her on just for the attention.

Nah joking, i'd respect it and wait til she was off what she was smoking before talking to her again.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be the timing aswell =/

I'm turning 17 tomorrow and I've liked him since the first day of year 7 o.O I've left it way too long. How on earth do you tell someone though :|
    You look him up and down and say...

"Hey, how you doin?" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)

hahaha :P Is that your style then?

ReputationRep:
    I found out (through a gossiping mutual friend) that a girl I'm friends with likes me. I don't like her that way so life went on as normal

ReputationRep:
    I would feel very happy and want to take things further

ReputationRep:
    Worse case scenario? I'd be fine with it and flattered.

I might be as interested in you as you are with me though.

I'm not every guy but go for it.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha :P Is that your style then?
    I learnt well from the Italian master.

*goes to make sandwich*

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't really but I learn fast...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be fine with it provided she respected boundaries (in the same way I'd be fine with my friend telling he was gay provided he didn't start hitting on me lol)

ReputationRep:
    I'd be quite flattered.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'm hoping the users of TSR are like him lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)

ReputationRep:

Loool, i remember when it happened to me.
    It was a shocker, but I wasn't ready thou she was and still is pretty. We are still good friends now thou. If he doesn't recipricate the feeling it shud be ok bcuz if you say your good friends he'll wanna keep it like i did

Good luck
    x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.