Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to go to university and study medicine starting in 2010.
    I sat my UKCAT test yesterday and got an avergae score of 652.5.
    I am hoping to apply to Newcastle but i know that they give the people with the highest UKCAT scores an interview if they meet the other requirements. The university say they have a cut off each year but dont wish to make public what the cut-off for the last few years has been.
    Can any Newcastle medical students who started in 2008 or 2009 help me by saying what their UkCAT scores were?
    Will mine be high enough to meet the cut-off?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the cut-off for 2009 was around 640.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how they sort out interviews (ie if the people with the highest UKCAT get interviewed first) but I had an average of 690 and was interviewed in November. You'll probably get a better response at NMM (http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...edical-school/) because TSR doesn't seem to have very many Newcastle medics.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    625 is risky for Newcastle. The year before I applied the cut-off was 600 and in 2009 it defo went up. No doubt it may go up again as people with lower UKCAT scores avoid the cut-off score type unis.

I got 580 last year and had to avoid all UKCAT cut-off unis ... off the top of my head they were..

Durham
    Newcastle
    Warwick
    ^ My 3 main choices
    Barts
    Kings
    Glasgow
    Edinburgh
    Sheffield

With 600-630 UKCAT I'd look into Keele, UEA, Aberdeen, Southampton, Leicester, Dundee + non-UKCAT unis.

EDIT: 652 should be fine. I thought you had 625 lol damn dyslexia =p

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.