The Student Room Group

The protocol after having experienced a "moment" with a basic stranger

Eg. a shop assistant.

Today I felt a very strange connection with a guy who served me in a shop... we chatted more than an average transaction warrents and we definitely had some sort of big smiling sesh when I was leaving the store.

Has anyone ever been in such a situation? I'm probably just being foolish but a large part of me really did want to go back up to the counter and get his number or something :o:

I am a bit of a dreamer though....
BlueRoses
Eg. a shop assistant.

Today I felt a very strange connection with a guy who served me in a shop... we chatted more than an average transaction warrents and we definitely had some sort of big smiling sesh when I was leaving the store.

Has anyone ever been in such a situation? I'm probably just being foolish but a large part of me really did want to go back up to the counter and get his number or something :o:

go for it, love, got nothing to lose :smile: x
Reply 2
Should have just asked for his number :P. Go back in like, a week's time and if he's there again, ask him for his number!
BlueRoses
Eg. a shop assistant.

I was that person :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 4
That is really cute, do you go there often ? :smile:
Reply 5
Cupcakee
That is really cute, do you go there often ? :smile:

Haha no not really. It's not the sort of shop where you could really find endless excuses to be in either.

BAH! It's just weird. I'm at uni in a different city anyway so it's be kinda pointless... but you always wonder... maybe we'll meet again in a slightly more sociable environment...
Reply 6
sil3nt_cha0s
I was that person :smile:

Spoiler

Wow, you're on nearly every thread I go to, making witty comments.

+rep for being sarcastic/funny and ..persistent
Reply 7
Lizzness
Wow, you're on nearly every thread I go to, making witty comments.

+rep for being sarcastic/funny and ..persistent

Lol, same here. o.O I'm not too sure if that's a positive or negative thing, though. :rolleyes:

As for the OP, I get this with some people who work at my gym and a couple of other people. I never know what to make of it, though.. I think it's just the way they are, tbh. Although, I like to think otherwise. :biggrin:
Reply 8
BlueRoses
Haha no not really. It's not the sort of shop where you could really find endless excuses to be in either.

BAH! It's just weird. I'm at uni in a different city anyway so it's be kinda pointless... but you always wonder... maybe we'll meet again in a slightly more sociable environment...

It wouldn't do any harm to go back and have a chat though. Remember he can't really come on to you much because he has to act professional but there is nothing stopping you from giving him your number(if you wanted to).

Like you say, you're in a different city so you have nothing to lose and if all you do is chat it will mean that you have something to talk to him about if you do see him in a more sociable environment.
Reply 9
BlueRoses

Ahhh... well yes, if it's meant to be you may bump into each other again :yes:
Happens loads to me. Get the guy's number, text him or call him. Ask him out, date or non date. At least become friends if it doens't go further.

Latest

Trending

Trending