Turn on thread page Beta

Help me regain my faith in humanity watch

I had a girlfriend for about 2 - 3 years and I was really, really in love with her. She cheated on me constantly, denied me sex for about a year before we broke up because she said she thought it was wrong but then went on to sleep with several other random guys. Broke up with me several times when it suited her, completely disregarded how it felt. Cheated on me regularly and lied for months on end.

I bought her everything, probably spending hundreds on her throughout the 3 years. We went on breaks a few times and she always went with random guys. She is very cute though and I always took her back. We have been broken up a while now but whenever she is lonely she comes round and I'm always a fool for her and I'll make her laugh.

Cutting everything short, everything is awesome for her now. All her friends think I'm an ******* due to some twisted, false version of events she has told them. It makes my blood boil seeing everything go brilliantly for her.

I'm really struggling to see past this. I just feel I have been taken for such a fool - she got so much more out of me and there has just been no justice. She seems like the perfectly typical nice girl and she turned out to be the most evil *****. She gets loads of guys now (she's a slut) and I haven't come close in months... it's really getting to me.

Talk me out of hating everyone, please...

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate everyone; hate her. Simple as. She deserves your hate if she did that to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had a girlfriend for about 2 - 3 years and I was really, really in love with her. She cheated on me constantly, denied me sex for about a year before we broke up because she said she thought it was wrong but then went on to sleep with several other random guys. Broke up with me several times when it suited her, completely disregarded how it felt. Cheated on me regularly and lied for months on end.

I bought her everything, probably spending hundreds on her throughout the 3 years. We went on breaks a few times and she always went with random guys. She is very cute though and I always took her back. We have been broken up a while now but whenever she is lonely she comes round and I'm always a fool for her and I'll make her laugh.

Cutting everything short, everything is awesome for her now. All her friends think I'm an ******* due to some twisted, false version of events she has told them. It makes my blood boil seeing everything go brilliantly for her.

I'm really struggling to see past this. I just feel I have been taken for such a fool - she got so much more out of me and there has just been no justice. She seems like the perfectly typical nice girl and she turned out to be the most evil *****. She gets loads of guys now (she's a slut) and I haven't come close in months... it's really getting to me.

www.mylifeisg.com It's faith restoring.

I think it's partly your fault; you let yourself be manipulated.

Count your losses, move on, and never let yourself be manipulated again.

ReputationRep:
    Rant at confessions.grouphug.us

Read over everyone else's stories to make yourself feel better

Remember that you just hate her

Do things to make yourself feel better - e.g. I found exercise, reading literature and getting blind drunk with my friends a lot helped

Eventually you'll move on! there's someone out there for you who won't treat you like ****. For now just focus on making yourself feel happy again, sounds like she messed up your self esteem too. Good luck.

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I think it's partly your fault; you let yourself be manipulated.

Count your losses, move on, and never let yourself be manipulated again.
    This girl is unbelievable though - she could sell ice to the eskimos. I know it was partly my fault but whenever you have spent 3 years with someone telling you how much they love you then acting totally different, you kinda' just want their affection after a while.

Pathetic I know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    hey that site is pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    A pretty good site. I usually read fmylife, this makes a pleasant change

ReputationRep:
    Sever all ties with her and get on with your life...don't be a tool. If not she will be always be a dark cloud over you and will hold you back. Time heals all wounds

This girl is unbelievable though - she could sell ice to the eskimos. I know it was partly my fault but whenever you have spent 3 years with someone telling you how much they love you then acting totally different, you kinda' just want their affection after a while.

Pathetic I know..
    I don't really know what i'm talking about, but from my point of view atleast it's ultimately what inside that counts. They could be the prettiest person in the world but if they were ugly inside, then what'd be the point of the outer beauty?

ReputationRep:
    www.mylifeisaverage.com

you should key her car.

ReputationRep:

You've literally described the feelings i had about 7 months ago. You feel betrayed and angry, but you always take her back because of the initial love you felt for each other at first, and you always think it will work. But it breaks your heart to see that the girl you loved is just a slut who will get with guys that she doesn't even like, just for the sake of it. It knocks your confidence as you think she was just a slut, 'she din't really like me' You gotta let it go man. Remember the good times, not every girl is like her, there's loads of girls out their who would never mistreat you, likewise the opposite. Just move on, forget her, shes not worth it, you'll find the right girl in time and you'll become a stronger man due to the break up...

(Original post by flight409)
    You've literally described the feelings i had about 7 months ago. You feel betrayed and angry, but you always take her back because of the initial love you felt for each other at first, and you always think it will work. But it breaks your heart to see that the girl you loved is just a slut who will get with guys that she doesn't even like, just for the sake of it. It knocks your confidence as you think she was just a slut, 'she din't really like me' You gotta let it go man. Remember the good times, not every girl is like her, there's loads of girls out their who would never mistreat you, likewise the opposite. Just move on, forget her, shes not worth it, you'll find the right girl in time and you'll become a stronger man due to the break up...
    Easier said than done. I just want her to be genuinely sorry, you know? I hate having unfinished business with people and we are friends now but she won't let me say what I have to say. She will literally just walk out of the room and go home. I just want her to know how much she has ****** me over and for her to take responsibility for it.

ReputationRep:
    Easier said than done. I just want her to be genuinely sorry, you know? I hate having unfinished business with people and we are friends now but she won't let me say what I have to say. She will literally just walk out of the room and go home. I just want her to know how much she has ****** me over and for her to take responsibility for it.
    why do you want her to know that? Judging by your original post I don't think she'll even care if you manage to express yourself, you should just forget about her, ignore her and move on, show her you're bigger than her and her idiocy. she's not worth any more of you're time.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.