Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my friend be accepted for a Biology HND? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    My friend who isi 18 and has no qualifications and left school at 15 has applied to the derby uni for their HND Biology course yet I have had to work really hard all year to get my alevels. So will he get it? Or is he romancing?

rep available (if i'm able to)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Hi all,
    My friend who isi 18 and has no qualifications and left school at 15 has applied to the derby uni for their HND Biology course yet I have had to work really hard all year to get my alevels. So will he get it? Or is he romancing?

Well if we are comparing this to entry to a degree, the entry to the HND will usually be GCSE's or work experience at the very least. It is very rare that this would be lifted unless there were some mitigating circumstances. So from what I can suggest, without any qualifications, he is unlikely to gain a place.

Also, "Our entry requirements are usually 60 UCAS points from relevant A levels" is what is stipulated on the Derby University website for the HND in Biology. So according to this he is especially unlikely to gain a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Hi all,

It is totally dependent on the universities entry requirements for that course and if your friend is able to fulfill these.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else???

ReputationRep:
    maybe i should make this thread more interesting like "homemade eg mayo for two!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.