Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey...i filled out a application form for disney store and i i got a call 2 days back that i got a group interview on sunday ..i really need this job and i am desperate....does anyone know how a interview at disney is going to be like? or anyone know if its hard...because i get bit scared talkin infront of crowd...??

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're that desperate for the job then keep that in mind when you're at the interview and you might find some new found confidence.

Also, people will laugh more at people who stutter etc than people who sound confident about it so research the co. a little so you can answer any questions the interviewer may ask.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    God, I'd love to work there.
    Except the music, that would drive me loopy.
    Just try be confident, laid back and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Im so jealous! I'd love to work at the disney shop!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing a mickey mouse degree?

ReputationRep:
    wow ur so lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfers_Paradise*09*)
    Well if you're that desperate for the job then keep that in mind when you're at the interview and you might find some new found confidence.

Also, people will laugh more at people who stutter etc than people who sound confident about it so research the co. a little so you can answer any questions the interviewer may ask.

Good luck!
    I don't think that this is helpful at all for a person who may be nervous talking in front of people.

OP, just remember that everyone probably feels the same! Just try to relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni_bean)
    I don't think that this is helpful at all for a person who may be nervous talking in front of people.

OP, just remember that everyone probably feels the same! Just try to relax.
    It is, infact. Fine then OP, stutter your way through the interview, come completely unprepared and fail it.

OP; I got a job the other week and I am a pretty nervous person. I wanted the job that much that I though, sod it, i'll talk like I know what i'm on about, and it worked. They saw my confidence as oposed to me going, "erm, yeah, whats the shops name again :confused: ".
    Just learn some basics and there should be no need for nervousness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Nice

I applied to the Disney Store but no response, much better job now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    oh god, you didnt split the atom, just got a job, well done, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Hahaha. Sorry. :|

Anyway ... jealous! Just be polite/cheery, you should be fine. (: Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ease up and enjoy it, that's the best advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfers_Paradise*09*)
    It is, infact. Fine then OP, stutter your way through the interview, come completely unprepared and fail it.

OP; I got a job the other week and I am a pretty nervous person. I wanted the job that much that I though, sod it, i'll talk like I know what i'm on about, and it worked. They saw my confidence as oposed to me going, "erm, yeah, whats the shops name again :confused: ".
    Just learn some basics and there should be no need for nervousness
    The way you phrased it was unhelpful, all I meant.

You say you are a pretty nervous person, surely if someone said to you "People will laugh at you if you stutter," this would add fuel to the fire?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I walked into the old Disney store to hand in a C.V. (I was desperate for work) and found out they transformed it into a clothing store lol - I only found out when I stepped through the door! I felt ten times better about handing that C.V. in :-P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni_bean)
    The way you phrased it was unhelpful, all I meant.

You say you are a pretty nervous person, surely if someone said to you "People will laugh at you if you stutter," this would add fuel to the fire?
    I dont think so. I doubt neither me nor the OP are clinically nervous people so we both should know, from past experience, that people dont take you seriously when you dont know what you're talking about, adding to the redness, sweating etc. Prob laugh was the wrong word, but people would say you're less believable babbling on and on about nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.