Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Friends before Love watch

ReputationRep:
    i just wanted an answer to this question.
    say u have a GF and u love her alot and u havent seen her in quite a while because you have a long distance relationship. Youve been making plans and had a date fixed for when ud next meet her. And eventually when the time comes she makes new plans with friends.

question is:
    Who do you put first you BF or your Friends??

ReputationRep:
    I'd put the first person I made the plans with first, and I'd consider rearranging friends to see my partner but not really the other way around, unless we both talked about it.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, my ex used to exactly this. she would never keep plans due to goign out with her mates despite the fact we hardly saw each other because of the distance, then she'd eventually tell me off for making plans to see her.

You need to back off and see if she chases you or arranges to meet you, if she doesn't then there's you answer.

ReputationRep:
    It's always Bro's befo' Ho's... but not really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    Mate, my ex used to exactly this. she would never keep plans due to goign out with her mates despite the fact we hardly saw each other because of the distance, then she'd eventually tell me off for making plans to see her.

You need to back off and see if she chases you or arranges to meet you, if she doesn't then there's you answer.
    its a piss take aint it i make plans from a few months before and then she ends up going out wiv m8s doing god knows what and ur stuck at home waiting anotha few months !!

ReputationRep:
    I'll pick whoever I made the arangement with first, although I have been known to fake a stomache ache or two to get out of a casual arrangement with friends if I havent seen him for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    its a piss take aint it i make plans from a few months before and then she ends up going out wiv m8s doing god knows what and ur stuck at home waiting anotha few months !!
    get rid of her pal, there not worth it when there like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    I'll pick whoever I made the arangement with first, although I have been known to fake a stomache ache or two to get out of a casual arrangement with friends if I havent seen him for a while
    haha made me laugh.

she sees her friends every day but i havent seen her for a couple of months and since may we planned that wed see each other in july. ever since july shes made other plans all i no now is that her friends going away for a few months on holiday on the 12th of august and she wants to see him off .. that leaves me with like 2-3 weeks with her then i have my second year of college. ive waited a good 6-7 months without her and then she makes new plans

ReputationRep:
    She sounds a bit....well.... if she were my gf I'd be very angry....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    She sounds a bit....well.... if she were my gf I'd be very angry....
    yup i am :mad:

ReputationRep:
    yup i am :mad:
    Have you talked to her about it? Sounds like she's not considering you important and tbh I'd get rid if she's done anything like it before or would again....

ReputationRep:
    get rid of her pal, there not worth it when there like that
    lol m8 its hard for me 2 dump her
    cuz i love her so much

ReputationRep:
    If its really long distance, and you meet very rarely, then that is quite rude to cancel like that...it means that your GF doesn't value the time she spends with you. If you see eachother more often than quite rarely (I'll leave deciding that up to you)...then it becomes less of a big deal but nevertheless it is always rude to cancel something you have arranged with one person just to do something else. It is only less of a big deal based on the fact it might be easier to arrange another date

ReputationRep:
    Have you talked to her about it? Sounds like she's not considering you important and tbh I'd get rid if she's done anything like it before or would again....
    yup ive talked to her about it
    she keeps making excuses and well shes a girl ( no offence to any other girls ) but she acts quiet Bitc*Y so i thought ok ill leave it

ReputationRep:
    haha made me laugh.

she sees her friends every day but i havent seen her for a couple of months and since may we planned that wed see each other in july. ever since july shes made other plans all i no now is that her friends going away for a few months on holiday on the 12th of august and she wants to see him off .. that leaves me with like 2-3 weeks with her then i have my second year of college. ive waited a good 6-7 months without her and then she makes new plans
    Thats quite horrible of her.

To put it into context my boyfriend lives an hour away from me while in uni and I go down most weekends but occasionally he'll have something on the friday and i'l have something planned on the saturday so the next weekend I'll definately be there, even if it makes my friends thin I'm a ***** because I see them 3 or 4 times a wee. If it was 6 or 7 months between seeing each other Id be ther coe Hell or high water.

It's seems awfully strange to me that she puts her friends before you mine come equally or I prioritise according to whom I've seen the most recently

ReputationRep:
    lol m8 its hard for me 2 dump her
    cuz i love her so much
    I know it's hard, and I don't wanna see insensitive, but, what if she doesn't love you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd stick with the plans I made. I've had a few friends that have put their partners before me when we've made plans and it's just not something I'd ever do

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard, and I don't wanna see insensitive, but, what if she doesn't love you?
    no u dont seem insensitive at all
    but tbh m8 i dont really see what she sees in me anyway we just sort of connected she sed that shes waited her whole life to meet a guy like me. But she cud jus be sayin that to be nice rite ?
    i mean i dont tink im a nice guy

(Original post by superfical space cadet)
    Thats quite horrible of her.To put it into context my boyfriend lives an hour away from me while in uni and I go down most weekends but occasionally he'll have something on the friday and i'l have something planned on the saturday so the next weekend I'll definitely be there, even if it makes my friends thin I'm a ***** because I see them 3 or 4 times a wee. If it was 6 or 7 months between seeing each other Id be ther coe Hell or high water.It's seems awfully strange to me that she puts her friends before you mine come equally or I prioritise according to whom I've seen the most recently
    yh i no i just dont no what to do i mean if i had a car then i guess id go down to london to see her but she drives and she still cant take the time to come and see me.

once she came to birmingham on a monday night. tuesday night i was talking to her and i found out then .. she neva told me she had come and whats worse she met up with my olda brother and some friends.

sometimes im not sure if she loves me or im just along for the ride like im there for a bit and then shell just leave me when she gets bored.

ReputationRep:
    yup ive talked to her about it
    she keeps making excuses and well shes a girl ( no offence to any other girls ) but she acts quiet Bitc*Y so i thought ok ill leave it
    Honestly don't see how gender comes into it - if she's being like that and doing things like this repeatedly, why are you still together, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't see how gender comes into it - if she's being like that and doing things like this repeatedly, why are you still together, if you don't mind me asking?
    i get asked the question by some mates of mine.
    i love her i just dont wanna lose her ...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.