Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just cut her off if she cant even make time for you...its not fair on you, and theres no point you clinging to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    i get asked the question by some mates of mine.
    i love her i just dont wanna lose her ...
    I'm sorry to say this but if she's making all of these excuses not to see you when you're already in a LDR... you may have already lost her. I realise I don't know either of you, or any more of the situation, this is just how it seems to me from this small amount of information.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    i get asked the question by some mates of mine.
    i love her i just dont wanna lose her ...
    I know it's hard but if you don't see her and she prioritises meeting up with your brother over you, then you don't really have her.

How long have you been with her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    I know it's hard but if you don't see her and she prioritises meeting up with your brother over you, then you don't really have her.

How long have you been with her?
    ive been with her since end of december beginning of january

sometimes i dont know what to do anymore :bawling:
    im not sure if she wants me in her life

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the phrasing of the question, but from what i can gather you made plans to meet but she cancelled them for friends?

I would be pretty pissed off, i mean in a normal relationship, i would think cancelling plans with friends to be with a partner is a bit out of order (if they made plans with the friends first), but i think a long distance, say a 2+ hour journey, i would say that its not really something you can put off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr meathead)
    I'm not sure about the phrasing of the question, but from what i can gather you made plans to meet but she cancelled them for friends?

I would be pretty pissed off, i mean in a normal relationship, i would think cancelling plans with friends to be with a partner is a bit out of order (if they made plans with the friends first), but i think a long distance, say a 2+ hour journey, i would say that its not really something you can put off.
    hmm yhh i was seriously pissed off
    i just dont know what to do anymore

ReputationRep:
    ive been with her since end of december beginning of january

sometimes i dont know what to do anymore :bawling:
    im not sure if she wants me in her life
    I personally think you should get out before she hurts you any more than she has, her heart isnt in it if she isn't putting in the effort after just months and no matter how much you love her it needs to be a two way thing or its just not going to work.

ReputationRep:
    hmm yhh i was seriously pissed off
    i just dont know what to do anymore
    I didn't actually read any of the other posts before i replied, but after reading them, it sounds as though you haven't communicated with her at all on this, and i think its down to the fact that you are afraid to lose her (you said somewhere that you didn't know what she saw in you or something), is making you afraid to take some sort of control and tell her when something bothers you, and while that is nice of you and i think everyone needs to compromise in relationship, this fear will eventually (if it hasn't done already) cause a breakdown in communication, leading to the problems either building up and getting worse, or her just slipping out of your life.

If you do say something to her (which i reccomend) don't go in all balls out guns blazing because it will only make things worse, just tell her that you were really dissapointed that you didn't get to see her, let her know that you really wanted to see her.

ReputationRep:
    i just wanted an answer to this question.
    say u have a GF and u love her alot and u havent seen her in quite a while because you have a long distance relationship. Youve been making plans and had a date fixed for when ud next meet her. And eventually when the time comes she makes new plans with friends.

question is:
    Who do you put first you BF or your Friends??
    That's terrible! I'm assuming this happened to you? I agree with other posts and "Back off" for a bit and see if she makes any kind of effort. Let her be the next one to have to contact you.

Long distance relationships are always difficult! She shouldn't be making it harder than it already is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr meathead)
    I didn't actually read any of the other posts before i replied, but after reading them, it sounds as though you haven't communicated with her at all on this, and i think its down to the fact that you are afraid to lose her (you said somewhere that you didn't know what she saw in you or something), is making you afraid to take some sort of control and tell her when something bothers you, and while that is nice of you and i think everyone needs to compromise in relationship, this fear will eventually (if it hasn't done already) cause a breakdown in communication, leading to the problems either building up and getting worse, or her just slipping out of your life.

If you do say something to her (which i reccomend) don't go in all balls out guns blazing because it will only make things worse, just tell her that you were really dissapointed that you didn't get to see her, let her know that you really wanted to see her.
    noo ive talked to her about it but she just keeps making excuses. i bought it up yesterday again about her coming to birmingham next week all she said is that my m8s going away for a few months so i just want to see him then ill come and well have a solid 3 weeks.

tbh 3 weeks out of 7 months thats not alot.

and another thing is that shes told her family about me and well this might be a bit of a shock but her uncle wants us to get married.......
    and we argue now when were not even seeing each other that much but imagine when we do get married then what ??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.