Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I can't stand my job part time job at pcworld! I hate it so much that i need to quit soon as possible otherwise i will get a mental breakdown!:mad: :mad:

So i started looking at some jobs and found a job at H&M . Good thing is that i got an interview invite

Here's the confusing part, I got a first year of uni coming up this September which means i have to move out, which also means that i won't be able to work at H&M at the branched i applied for, which also means that i can work there a month max. Is there any way they would give me a transfer to a different branch?

I hope i didn't make it too confusing :p: lol

But I'm just stuck and don't know what to do, if anyone could help, i would really appreciate

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with PCWorld it seems like a great place to work?

It depends on which university you are going to and therefore whether the nearest branch to it will have vacancies i guess.

You could ask at the interview but that is pushing a fine line

Either way i'd stick at PCWorld for a month and look for a job after the first few months or so. If you're desperate for cash work a few extra shifts to guide you through the first few months.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Why are you asking us? Ask them :p:

Either way, it's only a month left at PC World, and if it's only part-time then the next month will fly by if you occupy your mind with things other than your job when you're not there.

ReputationRep:
    Pcworld is the worst place to work at by far, Unbelievable targets if you don't hit them, you go on a program which leads to sacking, Very unpleasant customers, **** managers, and the list goes on, the only good thing about it is some people that work there

If i decide not to go to the interview i'm leaving my job anyway, im not really bothered bout money that much, but i could with some extra lol

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest how long did it take for H&M to contact you? I've just applied online.

ReputationRep:
    2 days

I know you mentioned that you didn't like PC World, however, have you considered doing a transfer to a store nearer your university? With a change of management etc, it could perhaps be a totally different experience?

If you are dead set against leaving PC World, then you'll quite possibly need to face the idea of unemployment for a couple of months. The position at H&M is most likely filling one that was left by someone who is also going to university, therefore it makes sense for them not to take you on, as you too will be leaving?

I would (as suggested by someone before me) stick at PC World, and begin applying at places that are located wherever your University is! (if you haven't been doing so already).

ReputationRep:
    Why not take part in medical trials? Some are very well paid, and you might even get the placebo.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they'll let you transfer. I got a call from Debenhams today for an interview, but I stupidly said I'd be going to uni in October but asked if I would be able to transfer and they said no. If you need the money, just don't tell them you're going to uni then just give in your notice before you go. I'm really kicking myself now. I have like no money and I just turned down a job.

ReputationRep:
    What kinda targets do PC World approx have..?

x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.