Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hiya, please keep anon or delete incase my friends see this.

I went on holiday with my friends last month and have been back for about 3 or 4 weeks now...since we got back I haven't spoken to one of my friends apart from about two text messages.

Anyway...She text me earlier tonight and said she was sorry for 'shouting at me and having a go at me at the airport" (basically, our taxi was late and she was nearly crying so I said calm down, its not his fault cos he had a flat tyre and she had a hugeeeee go at me!)...But I just don't understand why she's text me about a month later, apologising for something I didn't even really remember about! I texted her back and said forget about it because it didn't even bother me, but she's like "oh its really been playing on my mind".

Tbh, we didn't get along all holiday and I just don't understand why she'd text me really randomly like that? Any idea?!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is genuinely worrying her, you hadnt talked for so long she may have thought you were annoyed with her. It took her this long i guess to get the courage to say sorry. As you dont even really remember it, forget about it and move on, not worth disrupting your friendship over and making an issue out of it now, its been done and is in the past.

ReputationRep:
    She probs just felt really guilty about it and wanted to set things straight. Don't look too deeply into it.

ReputationRep:
    I bet she just went away and thought about it. Emotions cloud up your sensibilities, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's been bothering her the whole time and she wants to get it out of her head and just be friends now?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you go? Maybe she thought you'd die on holiday and she would never get to see you and apologise?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she had a near death experience and wants to make up to all the people she hurt lately. :dontknow:

We're not even close though and had a few arguments on holiday :confused: to be honest, they're were worse times she could have apologised for rather than that moment! It's quite strange.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.