Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Term starts 1st October, but can I live in my accomodation before that? Whats the earliest time accomodations tend to be ready by?

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably let you come up the Friday beforehand, but not a day earlier unless you're a Theologian or Classicist attending 'Greek Week', or a choral or organ scholar.
    Lucrative conference guests come first! :judge:

Also I think you might be looking at the wrong term date. Term starts on the 6th of October this year. The other term dates you don't worry about - they're not practically relevant to you. You'll know what days your college has allowed for your 'fresher week' when they send you a letter in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Also I think you might be looking at the wrong term date. Term starts on the 6th of October this year.
    1st of October is the first day of Michaelmas NPR at my College so for us we can move in on that date without additional permission if you are a second/third year -- but I'm sure the same applies to freshers since your accommodation fees cover the entirety of the NPR.

I've got permission to move in on Tuesday 29th, but that's because I'm international and I only manage to get my flight booked on that day.

ReputationRep:
    Check with your college, the date the room lease begins varies from college to college.

(Corpus usually only lets freshers move in the Sunday before full term begins when matriculation takes place, although exceptions are made for international students/etc...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positronized)
    1st of October is the first day of Michaelmas NPR at my College so for us we can move in on that date without additional permission if you are a second/third year -- but I'm sure the same applies to freshers since your accommodation fees cover the entirety of the NPR.

I've got permission to move in on Tuesday 29th, but that's because I'm international and I only manage to get my flight booked on that day.
    Our college let second and third years come up a week early and stay a week late, but have different rules for incoming freshers.

ReputationRep:
    Usually 1st October for undergrads and about 26th for postgrads... but I'm sure the rooms are ready if you ask them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I managed to find out. They said the Sunday. 4th October I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    but I'm sure the rooms are ready if you ask them.
    I tried that when I was an incoming fresher, and they said they'd charge me £13 a night if I came earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I tried that when I was an incoming fresher, and they said they'd charge me £13 a night if I came earlier.
    Haha - I didn't say you didn't have to pay extra! :cool: :p:

Well my crap college is charging me £13.61 per day for the worst room ever... so count yourself lucky .

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.