Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you REALLY expect to find a place in clearing or adjustment at a decent uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kipperoo)
    hello!!!! that would be the course I'm hopefully taking at Exeter uni. how come its so unpopular?! I can't find anyone else either I think its a great combination!!!
    I couldn't agree more, they are the perfect compliment to each other. Added to that, History and (to a slightly lesser extent) Archaeology are popular enough individually, and a fair few people seem to take Archaeology and Ancient History. I've heard it argued repeatedly that many people don't pick Archaeology because it lacks high paying opportunities later in life - but I don't see why that would affect this combination any more than the others :dontknow: either way, hopefully this means that places are easier for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJBzzz)
    Thats okay, you have been very helpful

Just wanted to sort of talk it through, and so make sure I wasnt going mad!

Im not sure Birmingham is the uni for me so I am going with my friend, who is in a similar situation, to have a look around. I have already been once.

I am also going to visit Nottingham, Southampton and Exeter over the next 2 weeks. I know it may seem pointless, due to the fact know one will be there and neither will probably be in adjustment. Its just important I visit them all so I know not to make a mistake. Plus I cannot get anymore hours during the week at work, so I might as well do something vaguely productive
    Gaining more information makes sense. But you are correct that universities without students are odd places and hence hard to assess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    I couldn't agree more, they are the perfect compliment to each other. Added to that, History and (to a slightly lesser extent) Archaeology are popular enough individually, and a fair few people seem to take Archaeology and Ancient History. I've heard it argued repeatedly that many people don't pick Archaeology because it lacks high paying opportunities later in life - but I don't see why that would affect this combination any more than the others :dontknow: either way, hopefully this means that places are easier for us!
    Oh I hope so, I'm so worried about results day but thats actually made me feel a lot better. Exeter are harsh if you miss the grades but you never know it may give me a better chance!! Its so refreshing to talk to someone who is passionate about this combination, I find each of the subjects facinating, I went to a lecture on the ancient history/archaeology and didn't feel it offered as much as his/arch. I can't wait! I had such difficulty choosing what subject I wanted to study but nothing grabbed me like these, good luck and hope you get in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats_have_teats)
    Working in HR for an oil company in Aberdeenshire. consistently promoted and does property development on the side.
    What degree did she do and when did she graduate?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.