Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I put metal in the microwave... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I put my chocolate pudding in the microwave and only when it had finished I realised the spoon wasn't on the side... but nothing happened?

Anyone accidentally put something metal in their microwave and it exploded?

ReputationRep:
    My microwave never exploded but I once put a tin of soup in the microwave. :yes: The tin turned sparkly. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    In Freshers one of my house mates put some metal it and it sparked a bit, it didn't explode. Two weeks later it exploded internally and then caught alight inside.
    Not sure if the two were related but it freaked me out

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was pretty. :bubbles:

ReputationRep:
    I always do it, but i watch it just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I put a tin of beans in the microwave and there was loads of blue sparks.

ReputationRep:
    A put a tin of beans in the microwave once, several sparks later and being shouted at for being a complete **** the house and microwave was still in one piece :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I put a bowl in the microwave a week ago and didnt realise it had a metal rim! I was sparky and spooked me a bit, but didn't explode :P

ReputationRep:
    haha nice... i think microwave + metal dangers are a bit exaggerated. The way people go on about it you'd think it'd create a mushroom cloud the instant they touch...

ReputationRep:
    i left a fork in there for a minute without realising and when i took it out iwas so freaked out incase something might have happned like i was standing next to the microwave the whole time =|
    eek but my dad said it was more likely for the fuse to blow rather than the microwave to blow up

ReputationRep:
    It goes: Peow! Peow! Fzzzzzz! And keeps flashing! There was a disco in my microwave.

ReputationRep:
    I did once. Somehow this happened:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but I stuck a knife in my toaster trying to fish out toast without realising wtf I was doing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Nah, but I stuck a knife in my toaster trying to fish out toast without realising wtf I was doing...
    I do this all the time without realising - I just want my toast out

ReputationRep:
    I put a bar of compact disc in my microwave. It looked pretty amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Try the following if you're bored.

Lightbulb
    Fluorescent lighting tube
    CD
    Lit match
    A grape cut in half but not all the way through and separated in a V shape

ReputationRep:
    This wouldn't do much, but put in a fork in a bowl of water and put that in the microwave, then watch what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hlaalu)
    It goes: Peow! Peow! Fzzzzzz! And keeps flashing! There was a disco in my microwave.
    :rofl:

I always stick metal goods in my toaster to try to tempt it... nothing has come of it just yet. I don't know where I'm going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    if the metal isnt pointed it shouldnt spark, a smooth spoon should keep an even current, unlike a fork..dont try it.

also if you boil water in a microwave safe cup and then add a spoon you can create a big explosion
    very dangerous...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah The tin foil went on fire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.