Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete.

I'm 17, nearly 18, never had a boyfriend or done anything with a guy and it's affecting my confidence.

Is this understandable or am I just being pathetic?

It is actually making me feel like there is something wrong with me/I'm hideous or something. But then if I am average, surely I should have had something?
    Or are some just unlucky? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you smell bad.

ReputationRep:
    You're still young. Relax and give it time!

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy it while it lasts, seriously. Be simple.

(Original post by Aack)
    Maybe you smell bad.
    I smell nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Enjoy it while it lasts, seriously. Be simple.
    This.

Relationships just aren't worth half the **** people think they are. Just enjoy yourself and worry bout the rest never.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, do you have the chance to meet guys and nothing happens? Or is it that you're never put in that situation..

ReputationRep:
    A watched kettle never boils! Or so they say...
    People say these things happen when you least expect it so stay positive.
    It doesnt mean there is anything wrong with you at all it just means you havn't met the right person at the right time!

(Original post by thatsjustit)
    Idk, do you have the chance to meet guys and nothing happens? Or is it that you're never put in that situation..
    I'm just never really put in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    Its not weird at all. One of my friends is seriously the prettiest, nicest person I know and shes never had a boyfriend or done anything.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has to start from somewhere at some point, some people start earlier then others, it is life that is how it goes along.

You are by no way in the minorty, and you are likely to be in a quite large group just have fun and see what comes you way.

(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Everyone has to start from somewhere at some point, some people start earlier then others, it is life that is how it goes along.

You are by no way in the minorty, and you are likely to be in a quite large group just have fun and see what comes you way.
    This. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I'm 17, nearly 18, never had a boyfriend or done anything with a guy and it's affecting my confidence.

Is this understandable or am I just being pathetic?

It is actually making me feel like there is something wrong with me/I'm hideous or something. But then if I am average, surely I should have had something?
    Or are some just unlucky? :confused:
    You should look at this way: be PROUD you haven't had a boy friend yet. Your future boy friend will appreciate you don't go for just any guy.

As far as your confidence is concerned, there are lots of people (wayyy way older than 18) who are in the same shoes. You going to uni? Wait till then... that'll be when the fun will start.

ReputationRep:
    Not. Improve your confidence.

(Original post by deepthoughts44)
    You should look at this way: be PROUD you haven't had a boy friend yet. Your future boy friend will appreciate you don't go for just any guy.

As far as your confidence is concerned, there are lots of people (wayyy way older than 18) who are in the same shoes. You going to uni? Wait till then... that'll be when the fun will start.
    I am going to Uni.

Few people will see it as a good thing, most people just wonder why.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has a smelly ass .. maybe thts the reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleeny)
    Its not weird at all. One of my friends is seriously the prettiest, nicest person I know and shes never had a boyfriend or done anything.
    Awwh, how lovely.

Off topic: your sig :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I know someone in that position who is 30 years old, balding and overweight :facepalm2: You are fine OP. I still wouldn't say I've really had a proper relationship yet, it doesn't bother me really :dontknow: it's all about the right person coming along, why not save yourself for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am going to Uni.

Few people will see it as a good thing, most people just wonder why.
    People will respect you for it that you're not "giving away your body" (people with decency will anyway).

I've known LOADS of people exactly exactly in your situation. Never had a hope of a gf / bf (including myself) prior to university. And once you arrive... everything changes. Think about it... you wouldn't want a boy friend now would you? And then have to go to university and it'd become long distance till you graduate? It'd make more sense to GET to university and rock on when you get there. :cool:

good luck and don't be harsh on yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, unless you look like a fish that's just had it's face smashed in by a space station, you will find a guy at uni.

No fear hun.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.