Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really, some are just unlucky. If it hadn't been for TSR I'd be in the same position as you atm - I go to a school where none of the girls is right for me and due to it being a boarding school, I never get to go out and meet anyone from outside of school. It's just your circumstances, not you.

PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Enjoy it while it lasts, seriously. Be simple.
    Enjoy virginity, are you saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I'm 17, nearly 18, never had a boyfriend or done anything with a guy and it's affecting my confidence.

Is this understandable or am I just being pathetic?

It is actually making me feel like there is something wrong with me/I'm hideous or something. But then if I am average, surely I should have had something?
    Or are some just unlucky? :confused:
    Hey Im 21 and Im the same as you, Life not all about having a BF and sex its about liking yourself and being you.

(Original post by katierattray)
    Hey Im 21 and Im the same as you, Life not all about having a BF and sex its about liking yourself and being you.

I know it's not.

bump

ReputationRep:
    You sound pretty closed off to what people are saying.
    People are reassuring you that it's ok- understandable that your confidence has been knocked but that it's unnecessarily so (I mean, you admitted yourself that you're not really in the position to meet somebody so eh?!)- and yet you're not really letting yourself be persuaded.
    DUDE. You're normal. Chill the hellz out.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably looking at all the posts saying 'you're lucky' and thinking, 'STFU', but trust me, when you're punching yourself in the face out of loneliness, having been f***** over royally, and you can't rationalise any way in which your situation is fair, when you're jealous and spiteful, and your chest physically hurts from heartache, you will think differently.

Unless you're exceedingly lucky, of course, or you become the **** who breaks hearts.

ReputationRep:
    Statistically, you should have had at least a bit of action. Perhaps you are indeed, extremely unattractive. I suggest: www.craigslist.com

I dont think I am extremely unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should stop asking for advice off complete strangers? In fact, stop asking for advice altoghether and sort it out yourself. I mean, if you're nearly 18 get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatletaxman)
    You're probably looking at all the posts saying 'you're lucky' and thinking, 'STFU', but trust me, when you're punching yourself in the face out of loneliness, having been f***** over royally, and you can't rationalise any way in which your situation is fair, when you're jealous and spiteful, and your chest physically hurts from heartache, you will think differently.

Unless you're exceedingly lucky, of course, or you become the **** who breaks hearts.
    Care police...

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter. and people at uni won't care - how will they even know anyway, unless you tell them? i was like, nineteen and a half when i got my first boyfriend (/did anything), and it's worked out fine. seriously, just try not to worry about it and get on with doing other awesome stuff with friends, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Enjoy it while it lasts, seriously. Be simple.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Understandable, don't rush it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    Everyone has a smelly ass .. maybe thts the reason
    I think it's just you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I'm 17, nearly 18, never had a boyfriend or done anything with a guy and it's affecting my confidence.

Is this understandable or am I just being pathetic?

It is actually making me feel like there is something wrong with me/I'm hideous or something. But then if I am average, surely I should have had something?
    Or are some just unlucky? :confused:
    It's not pathetic. I'm 18 and have never even had a casual relationship with a guy, and loads of girls our age are the same way. Just do what you can to boost your confidence, and don't act needy or desperate, and things should work out for you. It's probably circumstances and you just haven't met the right guy for you yet =)

ReputationRep:
    I know someone 21 and in the same position and HE is a lovely, attractive guy who just hasn't found the right person yet! There is no pressure, it will happen, just stop worrying about it
    I would bet that you are lovely and there is nothing wrong with you, time will solve this 'problem,' if you can call it that.

ReputationRep:
    Not pathetic at all
    No one is going to judge you and if they do then they're very immature.

I have a few friends who are just like you described, it's not that they're ugly or have awful personalities but the lack of guys and ways to meet them make finding someone very difficult.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.