Turn on thread page Beta

New boyfriend, new problems! watch

ReputationRep:
    [to mods yes i know i posted this in the LDR thread but there doesn't seem to be much activity atm]

I broke up with my boyfriend of 15 months last monday. Things hadn't been right for a while and I felt very trapped, was in a way a relief. Though in all honesty, I couldn't stop thinking about one of my best friends. My fantastic relationship with him just highlighted everything that was wrong with my boyfriend. So yes, I know it's very soon but me and my friend are now going out And my ex turning round and calling me an effing ****, reverting back to smoking and running up credit card debts has done plenty to assure me that i made the right choice.

But typical of me, me and my ex had picked accomodation five minutes away from each other for uni (same city, different unis), whereas my now beau starts university in Birmingham in October.

I know Brummie/Manc isn't that bad a distance, but we would have been going out such a short time and I guess that we will both be sucked into the whole fresher thing. Not to mention neither of us drive, though I'm booking a practical test soonish. Any advice would be hugely welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Advice: use National Rail.

ReputationRep:
    Damn rebounds, i predict a break up soonish

Anyways, only advice i can give is to get as much driving done before the test, tests are too expensive to fail these days.

ReputationRep:
    If it is anything i dont think you can help, who and when you fall for someone so the fact that you are now going out with someone not long after you broke up with your ex, isnt a detriment to you personally, it cant be helped.

LDR's can work and are sucessful, you just have to remember that you need to be honest, have good communication and be willing to be in the position of an LDR. It takes commitment, do you think you are ready for that just so soon after your last relationship?

It can work and has by all means worked in the past, it of course is all occording to how much you put into it, put alot in and it will work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Advice: use National Rail.
    This

and have regular times when you know you'll see / speak to each other. So it never feels like you've gone ages without speaking. Have like "thurs evenings" we chat on phone for an hour. Or... once every 2 weeks one of you visits each other. then you alternate. And anything out of that can be a bonus!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, university is a pretty good acid test.
    If it's meant to be it'll last, if not you'll find someone else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.