Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i passed my theory last week and thought i'd try and book my practical.. when i called the number it said "due to high demand we are unable to take your call.." and it gave me the website to book online. and i've been trying for a few days and always getting the same.

so i get through the booking thing online and then when it comes up with the dates it tells me the soonest date is on my 17th birthday. which is months and months away.

for medical reasons i'm allowed to drive at sixteen, but i'm assuming the online booking thing is thinking i can't take my test til i'm 17.

so basically.. is there another number i can ring, like a helpline or something? because it won't let me book it online. anyone had a similar problem? argh its just i really want to book my test asap!!

thanks guys :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    i passed my theory last week and thought i'd try and book my practical.. when i called the number it said "due to high demand we are unable to take your call.." and it gave me the website to book online. and i've been trying for a few days and always getting the same.

so i get through the booking thing online and then when it comes up with the dates it tells me the soonest date is on my 17th birthday. which is months and months away.

for medical reasons i'm allowed to drive at sixteen, but i'm assuming the online booking thing is thinking i can't take my test til i'm 17.

so basically.. is there another number i can ring, like a helpline or something? because it won't let me book it online. anyone had a similar problem? argh its just i really want to book my test asap!!

From the DVLA webby:

Booking by phone
    To book a practical test with a Call Centre Agent over the phone you will need:

a valid UK driving licence
    a theory test certificate number
    a valid debit or credit card for payment (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro and Solo cards are accepted)
    You can book a practical test over the phone using the numbers below, from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Practical test booking line - 0300 200 1122

Welsh language booking line - 0300 200 1133

Minicom booking line - 0300 200 1144

Fax booking line - 0300 200 1155
    (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...est/DG_4022539)

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)

Out of general curiosity, why are you allowed to drive at 16? And just keep trying the number until you can speak to an operator.

ReputationRep:
    DSA booking systems are down for four days. Notice is here: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/News.asp?id=SXEE3D-A7832294

That explains why the phone lines are jammed and there's nothing you can do at the moment. You can always send in a postal application. When the date comes back and you have a booking reference, it should be easy to change by phone once the systems are up again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advisor)
    DSA booking systems are down for four days. Notice is here: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/News.asp?id=SXEE3D-A7832294

That explains why the phone lines are jammed and there's nothing you can do at the moment. You can always send in a postal application. When the date comes back and you have a booking reference, it should be easy to change by phone once the systems are up again.
    oh ok thanks for the info! that explains it.. i'll just keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    Out of general curiosity, why are you allowed to drive at 16? And just keep trying the number until you can speak to an operator.
    for medical reasons. i have a life threatening illness and am therfore in the category with disabled people [who are also allowed to drive at sixteen.]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.