Turn on thread page Beta

What exactly is love? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people will probably be thinking, 'You have to define love for yourself.' but it's really bothering me. How am I supposed to really know when the longing to be next to someone and thinking about them all day is really love? Or how can I know when it's not?

ReputationRep:
    It's a temporary state of mind!

ReputationRep:
    What is love
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    no more

ReputationRep:
    its a feeling of great joy and pleasure within, its mutual care and affection between two people, its a 'happy-shot' into the back of your brain,it's eating your favourite food in the world when your starving, its watching the last episode of scrubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandark)
    its a feeling of great joy and pleasure within, its mutual care and affection between two people, its a 'happy-shot' into the back of your brain,it's eating your favourite food in the world when your starving, its watching the last episode of scrubs.
    ahh i love scrubs.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's really quite simple.
    It's kinda like: Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight. My motto's always been when it's right, it's right. Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night."

ReputationRep:
    Some kind of chemical reaction, which makes many people want to get into bed, which therefore leads to offspring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Some kind of chemical reaction, which makes many people want to get into bed, which therefore leads to offspring.
    So so romantic.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what love is because i have never loved (fallen for someone) so i wouldn't know. i just never experienced it.

ReputationRep:
    ask me

You'll know when you're in it

(Original post by Reflexive)
    ask me

You'll know when you're in it
    Found the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayz92)
    I know a lot of people will probably be thinking, 'You have to define love for yourself.' but it's really bothering me. How am I supposed to really know when the longing to be next to someone and thinking about them all day is really love? Or how can I know when it's not?
    look at related threads...theres been a million of these...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    look at related threads...theres been a million of these...
    Oh, go away. If people wanted to just look at a list of what other people have asked they'd use a Wiki.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    What is love
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    no more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwK3vFGJp0

ReputationRep:
    A deep feeling of attraction and devotion that transcends mere sex; but still includes it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    its is an attraction :P: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    So so romantic.
    I know right? I should write romantic novels or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Found the answer
    Seems to be just asking the question too no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    What is love
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    no more
    ^^ THAT

i think love is when you always have a certain someone on your mind you cant stop thinking about them, you care about them. When you dont see or talk to them for a while you feel like theres a part of you thats missing.

ReputationRep:
    Love is. Only we know what is love when we are in love
    Love is only questioned when we are out of love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.