Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A plaque on the wall would be a nice Idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Well i would hope this is the right forum.

Basically, a good friend of mine David committed suicide last night. He was a good friend to both me and my flat mate and he was a regular at the pub he and i go to. So yes it's hit me as a big shock but life goes on, i'm distraught but i'll be fine in a few days. I got drunk out of my face and fought with a few people and got a bit worse for wear but i've dealt with it. Anyway this isn't a thread fishing for sympathy.

To the point. Myself and a few others want to make some sort of memorial for him. He was a member of the 'A' Pool team at our local pub (i am too). So we want to make a memorial from the whole team to him.

So i was hunting for ideas and here's what we have so far.

. - A plaque ON the pool table saying "In memory of David N. from the pool team" or something.

- A plaque with a similar message on the wall next to the pool table.

Appreciate the help folks.
    Christ. No wonder you haven't been on msn for a while
    I hope you're okay :hugs:
    A memorial is a nice idea...probably the plaque on the wall would be more permanent.

ReputationRep:
    A plaque on the pub wall?

Sorry to hear about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Well i would hope this is the right forum.

Basically, a good friend of mine David committed suicide last night. He was a good friend to both me and my flat mate and he was a regular at the pub he and i go to. So yes it's hit me as a big shock but life goes on, i'm distraught but i'll be fine in a few days. I got drunk out of my face and fought with a few people and got a bit worse for wear but i've dealt with it. Anyway this isn't a thread fishing for sympathy.

To the point. Myself and a few others want to make some sort of memorial for him. He was a member of the 'A' Pool team at our local pub (i am too). So we want to make a memorial from the whole team to him.

So i was hunting for ideas and here's what we have so far.

. - A plaque ON the pool table saying "In memory of David N. from the pool team" or something.

- A plaque with a similar message on the wall next to the pool table.

Appreciate the help folks.
    The latter. A plaque affixed to the table itself would be cooler, but walls are at least (relatively) permanent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The latter. A plaque affixed to the table itself would be cooler, but walls are at least (relatively) permanent.

I think it would be more noticeable on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I think it would be more noticeable on the wall.
    Permanence and prominence? Wall it is.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about this.

I agree with the others, a plaque on the wall seems a great idea.
    You could also dedicate the day / evening of putting on the plaque in his memory.

ReputationRep:
    An annual pool tournament. In memory.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.