Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A plaque on the wall would be a nice Idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Well i would hope this is the right forum.

Basically, a good friend of mine David committed suicide last night. He was a good friend to both me and my flat mate and he was a regular at the pub he and i go to. So yes it's hit me as a big shock but life goes on, i'm distraught but i'll be fine in a few days. I got drunk out of my face and fought with a few people and got a bit worse for wear but i've dealt with it. Anyway this isn't a thread fishing for sympathy.

To the point. Myself and a few others want to make some sort of memorial for him. He was a member of the 'A' Pool team at our local pub (i am too). So we want to make a memorial from the whole team to him.

So i was hunting for ideas and here's what we have so far.

. - A plaque ON the pool table saying "In memory of David N. from the pool team" or something.

- A plaque with a similar message on the wall next to the pool table.

Appreciate the help folks.
    Christ. No wonder you haven't been on msn for a while
    I hope you're okay :hugs:
    A memorial is a nice idea...probably the plaque on the wall would be more permanent.

ReputationRep:
    A plaque on the pub wall?

Sorry to hear about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Well i would hope this is the right forum.

Basically, a good friend of mine David committed suicide last night. He was a good friend to both me and my flat mate and he was a regular at the pub he and i go to. So yes it's hit me as a big shock but life goes on, i'm distraught but i'll be fine in a few days. I got drunk out of my face and fought with a few people and got a bit worse for wear but i've dealt with it. Anyway this isn't a thread fishing for sympathy.

To the point. Myself and a few others want to make some sort of memorial for him. He was a member of the 'A' Pool team at our local pub (i am too). So we want to make a memorial from the whole team to him.

So i was hunting for ideas and here's what we have so far.

. - A plaque ON the pool table saying "In memory of David N. from the pool team" or something.

- A plaque with a similar message on the wall next to the pool table.

Appreciate the help folks.
    The latter. A plaque affixed to the table itself would be cooler, but walls are at least (relatively) permanent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The latter. A plaque affixed to the table itself would be cooler, but walls are at least (relatively) permanent.

I think it would be more noticeable on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I think it would be more noticeable on the wall.
    Permanence and prominence? Wall it is.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about this.

I agree with the others, a plaque on the wall seems a great idea.
    You could also dedicate the day / evening of putting on the plaque in his memory.

ReputationRep:
    An annual pool tournament. In memory.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.