Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eifel)
    Because my impression for Math/CS postgrad students is that they are socially dead creatures.
    No ******* ****.

ReputationRep:
    this is such a cute question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eifel)
    For the ones who claimed that postgraduates partied, could you please list the course and uni where this is?

Because my impression for Math/CS postgrad students is that they are socially dead creatures.
    I'm going to be partying and am CS postgrad :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQueenOfComputerScience)
    A female CS postgrad? You will have a wide variety of men to chose from in your field!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    A female CS postgrad? You will have a wide variety of men to chose from in your field!
    HaHa I already have my game developer geek man.

I do doubt that many of the other CS PhD students will be interested in partying but thats ok as I have other people to do that with. However, it would be nice to make some new friends.

ReputationRep:
    HaHa I already have my game developer geek man.

I do doubt that many of the other CS PhD students will be interested in partying but thats ok as I have other people to do that with. However, it would be nice to make some new friends.
    I was sorta friends with a group of CS students for a while, but it didn't work out. They were way too geeky for me, and I'm quite geeky.

ReputationRep:
    I was sorta friends with a group of CS students for a while, but it didn't work out. They were way too geeky for me, and I'm quite geeky.
    I don't have many CS friends, I think the problem I have with alot of them is that they have nothing to say for themselves outside of the geeky stuff they are into.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many CS friends, I think the problem I have with alot of them is that they have nothing to say for themselves outside of the geeky stuff they are into.
    Yea I find this with PhD students in general actual. A lot of them are so damn dull. Not that I'm mr exciting or anything, but I think you need to have a laugh in life whatever you're doing. There are cool/partying phd/postgrad students though, you just have to find them..

ReputationRep:
    Im going to study in Amsterdam, its impossible not to party there hehe!!

ReputationRep:
    Party ? whats that? It's all about raving to dubstep/dnb/trance till the early hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Party ? whats that? It's all about raving to dubstep/dnb/trance till the early hours
    A fellow dnb/dubstep raver student from northants. Hey there! Are you at uni in northampton?

ReputationRep:
    A fellow dnb/dubstep raver student from northants. Hey there! Are you at uni in northampton?
    Hello.. Nope, I at uni in Nottingham! How about you? I'm not sure what the scene is like in Northants, care to shed any light into it?

ReputationRep:
    I met someone who works at Stealth last week I hope to be a partying postgrad (not in Notts though) in September, although I hope I can regulate it so that it doesn't interfere with work. One wicked club night or rave a month and one trip to visit my boyfriend in a different city will hopefully suffice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wendizzle22)
    I met someone who works at Stealth last week I hope to be a partying postgrad (not in Notts though) in September, although I hope I can regulate it so that it doesn't interfere with work. One wicked club night or rave a month and one trip to visit my boyfriend in a different city will hopefully suffice!
    Was it someone behind a bar or someone on the marketing promo team?

Work hard/Play hard, is my motto

ReputationRep:
    Hello.. Nope, I at uni in Nottingham! How about you? I'm not sure what the scene is like in Northants, care to shed any light into it?
    Shining a light on northampton would just reveal all the gunk - best to keep it in the dark. As you can tell, I don't like the place much. Hometown bias maybe? I'm not sure but I'm glad I'm out of there. I'm at essex at the minute. Great for raving it up in london.

With respect to this thread, I've been to many raves, clubs, general drinking, travelling. You can do it all, just get your work done as well. Postgrad really isn't that much different from undergrad, it's just a natural progression.

(saying all this, I think it all might change a bit for the 2nd year of my phd, which is coming up)

ReputationRep:
    Was it someone behind a bar or someone on the marketing promo team?

Work hard/Play hard, is my motto
    She was a member of the bar staff, we were working at Global Gathering for a bit of extra summery cash. Full of chavs though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wendizzle22)
    She was a member of the bar staff, we were working at Global Gathering for a bit of extra summery cash. Full of chavs though!
    Awesome Since you've worked there maybe you could help me out with something.. I'm trying to track down some sets from that weekend most notably Andy C, Rusko/Caspa, Chase and Status, etc but I can't seem to find them! GG is usually covered by Radio 1 but did they even turn up this year??? or did they decide to give it a miss due to the recession?! Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I fully intend both to "party" and to mix with undergraduates. This may be because I'll be very young for a postgrad; and also because I did my undergrad at Cambridge where the "partying" was sorely limited. But either way, I don't want to be a GOG!!

ReputationRep:
    ditto + amen! :woo:

as the cliche goes...work hard, play hard.

tho i do know of some MSc postgrads who tell me that they were so bogged down with studies/workload that they never saw anything beyond their faculty library, the labs & their rooms! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    my friends consider me quite geeky too. & the way they say it is like i'm as geeky as geeky can get. then one day i went out with an Engineering guy who went on & on about integrated circuits & USBs thruout dinner. i was bored stiff...way too geeky even for me. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.