Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyz,

I've been looking for a new pair of trainers to wear in uni and just when I go out/clubbing on student nights. Looking for those pairs which just fit around your feet nicely and arent too bulkyish. So far I've narrowed down this options:

a) Addidas Samba
    b)Adidas Superstar
    c)Adidas Gazelle
    d)Converse

Any suggestions on which of the 4 are better? Or maybe new options?

Also, I'm looking for a new pair of leather shoes. any suggestions on good styles and good, decently priced brands will be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Don't a lot of clubs have a 'no trainer' rule?

ReputationRep:
    Converse :yep:

But the above post has a point. Not that I have ever even tried to get into a club ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeeWayleee)
    Don't a lot of clubs have a 'no trainer' rule?

The clubs I've been to in London have let me in with my Nikes before. That said, what will you recommend I get then for clubs

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're wearing really. 'Dolly shoes' would probs be your closest match while still abiding by the rules

www.topshop.co.uk
    www.newlook.co.uk
    www.riverisland.co.uk

above a few links for youuu... just go to the shoes section lol

another option being boots? As long as they're not wellington...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeeWayleee)
    Depends what you're wearing really. 'Dolly shoes' would probs be your closest match while still abiding by the rules

www.topshop.co.uk
    www.newlook.co.uk
    www.riverisland.co.uk

above a few links for youuu... just go to the shoes section lol

another option being boots? As long as they're not wellington...:rolleyes:
    The OP is a guy....

ReputationRep:
    Not to be rude...but who wears trainers to a club??

ReputationRep:
    i llike the gazelle best out of those listed, it looks pretty similar to the samba though, so whichever one looks better on the foot.
    as for leather shoes, my brother and dad always find good ones from Clarks, well made and reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    Converse are good because they don't seem to apply when it comes to the no-trainer rule. Plus, they're only like the best shoe, ever.

(Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Not to be rude...but who wears trainers to a club??
    It's fairly normal for guys, obviously not sports trainers but fashion trainers seem really popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    It's fairly normal for guys, obviously not sports trainers but fashion trainers seem really popular.
    Yeah i suppose...but a lot of clubs have a strict dress code which doesn't allow you to wear trainers....don't they?

ReputationRep:
    Converse because they're smarter, quite a lot of clubs have 'no trainer' rules but imo you're more likely to get into these in Converse. Also, they go with a lot more outfits
    Dune do really good leather shoes, or for something a little bit cheaper (i think..) go to Topman or River Island

(Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Yeah i suppose...but a lot of clubs have a strict dress code which doesn't allow you to wear trainers....don't they?
    For most clubs the no trainers rule is generally no sports trainers I think, anything bright white and sporty!. The type of trainers the OP is thinking about are what a lot of guys were to clubs I go to, but I suppose it really depends on the type of club and the night you are attending. My boyfriend wears Vans for nights out and even for big super clubs like Gatecrasher in Birmingham its no issue.

ReputationRep:
    So basically Converse seems to be the popular choice. How bout between the Adidas alone? Which is the best, just in case I decide to get a couple.

As for the clubs, I've managed to get in with my trainers to a few London clubs like MOS,Sound, PAcha,SeOne,Loop etc. Obviously not the really posh ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    What are fashion trainers?

ReputationRep:
    adidas superstar, they sell well at work, plus i got me pair
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    converse :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Converse

ReputationRep:
    converse are eww. Go with adidas superstar, it's where it's at.

Adicolors are good too.

ReputationRep:
    adidas samba super are nicer than just the sambas

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.