Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Malcolm X: Our History Was Destroyed By Slavery Watch

ReputationRep:
    An interesting interview with Malcolm x, May God have mercy on him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHP8...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Such a great interview, thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Malcolm X was an extreme racist. He is black so somehow its ok.

ReputationRep:
    very intelligent and articulate man. May God rest his soul.

ReputationRep:
    It'd have been better for everyone (blacks and whites both), had the Blacks been left alone in Africa instead of taken to America. The only ones who made a profit on slavery were the slavers and the slave-owners (Out of the 8.3 million strong free population in the slave-states at the time of the Civil War, only some 400.000 owned slaves. The total white population of the US was 27 million). The poor whites lost out immensely, as they couldn't compete with the free labour.

ReputationRep:
    His voice was really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. If the negros had stayed in their tribes in Africa they'd be getting a lot done right now. Pffffffffft. You all just like him cause he's Afro-american and has a nice voice. ****** sheep.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    He was indeed racist, but if I judged him from that interview alone, I'd saw that he was a very articulate and attractive man....

ReputationRep:
    Pfft!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone thinks the Western slavery of Africans was bad, you should take a look at the Islamic enslaving of Africans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Malcolm X was an extreme racist. He is black so somehow its ok.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    If anyone thinks the Western slavery of Africans was bad, you should take a look at the Islamic enslaving of Africans.

hahahahaha "Busted"
    You mate really makes me laugh.
    Listen, read about how Islam forrbiden enslave people and try to free all slaves and then come back.

P.s read from Muslim sources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    hahahahaha "Busted"
    You mate really makes me laugh.
    Listen, read about how Islam forrbiden enslave people and try to free all slaves and then come back.

P.s read from Muslim sources.
    Islam does not forbid slavery. In fact, the Qur'an permits it and teaches you how to treat your slaves.

Dumbass.
    Historically, the major juristic schools of Islam traditionally accepted the institution of slavery.[1] Muhammad and many of his companions bought, sold, freed, and captured slaves. Slaves benefited from Islamic dispensations which improved their situation relative to that in pre-Islamic society.[1] At the end of the 19th century, a shift in Muslim thought and interpretation of the Qur'an occurred, and slavery became seen as opposed to Islamic principles of justice and equality.[2] This interpretation has not been accepted by the Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia.[3]

In Islamic law the topic of slavery is covered at great length.[1] The Qur'an, the holy book, and the hadith, the sayings of Muhammad, see slavery as an exceptional condition that can be entered into under certain limited circumstances.[3] They also consider manumission of a slave to be one of many meritorious deeds available for the expiation of sins.[4] According to Sharia, slaves are considered human beings and possessed of some rights on the basis of their humanity. In addition, a Muslim slave is equal to a Muslim freeman in religious issues and superior to the free non-Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    The Arabs enslaved Africans as well. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    He may have had extremist views at first, but he did change his views to be more accepting of whites towards the end of his life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navras)
    Islam does not forbid slavery. In fact, the Qur'an permits it and teaches you how to treat your slaves.

Dumbass.
    You're talking about different case, however, as you know many kafarh in islam aiming to free who were slave, not to enslave.
    Basically, Islam forbidden to ENSLAVE free people by kidnapping....
    The texts of Islam took a strong stance against this. It says in a hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah, may He be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat … A man who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227).

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit anachronistic to call Malcolm X a racist when you consider race relations at the time. Obviously he had extreme views that you would hope people don't posess today and I don't condone them but it's like calling an old man racist just because he uses the phrase "coloured people" or "orientals". Malcolm X was a much more positive force than a negative one.

And yes, Africans weren't the first peoples to be enslaved and no Europeans weren't the first to do it, but it's pretty fair to say this is the period of enslavement that has had the most effect on it's people in the present day, no? I'm not trying to start a debate, just putting in my two pence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    The Arabs enslaved Africans as well. :hmmm:
    We don't care about pagans Arab, yes heck they did in pre-Islam.
    I'm not talking about arab, I'm talking about Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    He seemed fairly reasonable until he started talking about his religious sect and saying God was shooting down planes to kill "whites". Sounds like a total nutter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collingwood)
    He seemed fairly reasonable until he started talking about his religious sect and saying God was shooting down planes to kill "whites". Sounds like a total nutter.
    Hey come on mate, he never said that ever.
    :confused:

Our lord says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has al-taqwa (i.e., is one of the muttaqoon – the pious). Verily, Allaah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.” [al-Hujuraat 49:13]

The Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) affirmed the prohibition of racial discrimination and of despising coloured people, when he said in his famous speech: “O people, your Lord is One and your father [i.e., Adam] is one. There is no superiority of the Arab over the non-Arab, or of the non-Arab over the Arab, or of the red over the black, or of the black over the red – except with regard to taqwa.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 22391)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.