Turn on thread page Beta

Who is responsible for 9/11? watch

ReputationRep:
    Errrrrr your mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    Can you clarify precisely how this argument is supposed to work?

I'm an atheist, but that isn't a barrier to me pointing out that their statements are inaccurate. Religion may be full of *star star star* and "imaginary" (LOL), but that has no bearing on whether Zeitgeist has any errors in it concerning religion. If you presented a decent argument then your statements might carry some weight. At the moment, you don't strike me as an intellectual authority on the subject.
    I understand you may be a bit thick and slow, but if religion is imaginary, then how are their errors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    It was a collaboration between Osama Bin Laden, Rupert Murdoch, George Bush and Rick Astley.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Al Qaeda.

ReputationRep:
    Suicide bombers...

...Who were driven to do it after being indoctrinated by Al Qaeda / like minded groups...

...Who have interpreted the Quran in a certain way...

...Which was written by Muhammed...

Hmm...

Haven't said nuffin', guv.

ReputationRep:
    this had to be posted, also shows who is responsible.

http://lbanka.wrzuta.pl/film/7qUuBnL..._11_conspiracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    I understand you may be a bit thick and slow, but if religion is imaginary, then how are their [sic - Melancholy] errors?
    *sigh*

Would it be an error to say that, according to the Bible, Jesus was a gorilla?

If so (and, to save you a lot of time thinking about it, it is an error to say that), then it would be you who is a "bit thick and slow". Thanks for the baseless insult, though. You've sure proven your point :rolleyes: [Though, by all means, if you can find the scriptural evidence to support the assertion, please be my guest...]

To state that Mithra was born from a rock according to Mithraism is an inaccurate statement - it's simply incorrect. An error; which is what I pointed out, in fact. Likewise, to state that Jesus, according to Christianity, had 4 disciples is an error. I'm sure even you can understand that. I'm not a theist/Christian, but I'm not a fan of inaccurate arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Don;t look at me. I was in school that day.

(Original post by foxo)
    It was a collaboration between Osama Bin Laden, Rupert Murdoch, George Bush and Rick Astley.
    And the Jews, you can't forget the Jews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    And the Jews, you can't forget the Jews.
    And Lefty Leo, you can't forget Lefty Leo. :hmmm:

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    And Lefty Leo, you can't forget Lefty Leo. :hmmm:
    Well i just love blowing stuff up

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Well i just love blowing stuff up
    Terrorist

ReputationRep:
    Although I have already watched this, I watched it again. It really is terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    Who has the most to gain...Mossad?

ReputationRep:
    It was quite evidently Goldstein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    I think it does in the most meaningful of sense. It is incredibly disingenuous not to mention this in its analysis - they instead mention the inaccurate judgement that Mithra was born from a virgin. That was what it said. They were wrong. As I said. That's one example.

No it doesn't. You'd have to actually demonstrate that people at the time (c. 3 AD) acknowledged the association.

The assertions have been challenged before, not least in this post and in the subsequent posts in the thread (I've also discussed this with you before).
    Demonstrated from inscriptions dated to 400BC when (and according to my information) Mithra was associated with Anahita the virgin mother goddess. That to me, at least shows a belief on the part of the writers.

And how exactly have you challenged Ulansey's "assertions"?

I don't see it. I certainly don't remember discussing Mithraism with you either.

ReputationRep:
    David Starkey

ReputationRep:

airplanedidit

ReputationRep:
    inside job, to invade the middle east

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.