Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What other possible reasons for never having girlfriend? Watch

Please keep this anonymous as I don't want the answer to be biased by the reputation of my nickname and previous knowledge other forum users may have about me.

I am extroverted, confident and extremely known wherever I go (in real life); I don't believe in Facebook, but if we used it as a measure of social connection, well, I have at least 10 new friends every day.

On top of that, many girls have said that I look "beautiful" or "hot", throughout my entire life.

Despite all these apparently positive features, I have never had a real girlfriend in my whole life (20+ years, undergrad student now).

I started an introspective voyage to understand why this is so. On the one hand, it may indicate that the positive features do not come across so positively. Perhaps I am popular but in a negative sense, e.g. people think I am weird.
    Also, it may be that all this time, the girls have said I am "hot" only as a kind of consolation, or perhaps because they were too horny.

What I know for sure is that whenever I and a girl start getting to know each other better and deeper, at a certain point they seem to think I am a waste of time or weird or totally strange.

What would you suggest me to do to understand what might be the cause of me never having a girlfriend, and how I could try to increase the chances?

ReputationRep:
    You're very big headed.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her?

ReputationRep:
    arrogant ****.

ReputationRep:
    probably they find you a bit arrogant? or maybe because you havent found the one who you'll 'click' with.

Btw my theory. Ive noted that these days guys who are okayish looking tend to get hot girls(makes me wonder how come a guy like that end up with a girl like her):P: Im not trying to be offensive to anyone here but just a general observation. Anyone else who shares my views?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you consider youself as weird ans so that's the image you're reflecting to other people. You have to gain self-confidence because even if you claim you're full of confidence, I doubt it. You said that you were perfectly great how you were but if you want things to change, you have to do something. You say that you have plenty of friends, but have you tried to know them more than superficially ? By reading your thread, I've the feeling that the only person you'e interested in is yourself. And maybe that's where the problem lays.

What, for Christ's sake, is arrogant about my original post!? I am asking sincerely, as I see nothing.

People don't treat me badly. I think that although many of the people I know are just acquaintances, I have wonderful friends as well, who would sacrifice their lives for me and for whom I would sacrifice my life.

People generally do me many favors. Something I started noticing ever since I was at university is that girls offer me dinner, lunch, etc. I always think that they probably do so because they are interested but... dunno. After some time they just disappear.

When I say "perhaps I come across as weird" I am simply trying to understand. I don't consider myself weird. I have no problems being myself.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't put any effort in and expect the girl to do all the work?
    It could be because you are so wrapped up in your own popularity and attractiveness that you give off an arrogant vibe, like people should be prepared to work hard because it would be an honour to get with someone like you? I don't think "weirdness" really would explain it, quirkyness wouldn't scare off every girl you got with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm God. Discuss why I haven't had a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Maybe you don't put any effort in and expect the girl to do all the work?
    It could be because you are so wrapped up in your own popularity and attractiveness that you give off an arrogant vibe, like people should be prepared to work hard because it would be an honour to get with someone like you? I don't think "weirdness" really would explain it, quirkyness wouldn't scare off every girl you got with.

This.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe girls think you're the type of guy they would only like to snog but not be in a relationship with. Or you never really initiated anything.

Other factors:
    1. Extreme weirdness.
    2. Possession of too many sex toys.
    3. You set our gaydar beeping.

ReputationRep:
    Some possible reasons:

1. You're an arrogant ****.
    2. You don't even seem to realise that you're an arrogant ****.
    3. You talk a lot of ****.

What exactly do you mean by "effort" and "doing work"?

Don't I simply have to be myself all the time?
    What else do I have to "work" at?

Please explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What exactly do you mean by "effort" and "doing work"?

Don't I simply have to be myself all the time?
    What else do I have to "work" at?

Please explain
    Don't be like oh, it's the biggest priviledge getting with me. though you are allowed to act like it is a priviledge. Just be nice about it. As for girls, just be fun, flirty and show you can be serious if needed.

ReputationRep:
    maybe because you're asian and girls have never seen the bulge from your trousers :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    well if its not your looks then you're obviously lacking in other areas....although you seem to be quite popular and have a lot of friends you might not be that interesting one on one, my guesses are that you can't hold an interersting conversation with a girl when you're alone with them and to me you seem like one of those guys who is always talking about himself - (thats a turn off)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Some possible reasons:

1. You're an arrogant ****.
    2. You don't even seem to realise that you're an arrogant ****.
    3. You talk a lot of ****.
    This.

And you fell from the kn*b tree and hit every branch on the way down, dude.

ReputationRep:
    Go for strange girls.

Edit; also stop talking BS.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep this anonymous as I don't want the answer to be biased by the reputation of my nickname and previous knowledge other forum users may have about me.

I am extroverted, confident and extremely known wherever I go (in real life); I don't believe in Facebook, but if we used it as a measure of social connection, well, I have at least 10 new friends every day.

On top of that, many girls have said that I look "beautiful" or "hot", throughout my entire life.

Despite all these apparently positive features, I have never had a real girlfriend in my whole life (20+ years, undergrad student now).

I started an introspective voyage to understand why this is so. On the one hand, it may indicate that the positive features do not come across so positively. Perhaps I am popular but in a negative sense, e.g. people think I am weird.
    Also, it may be that all this time, the girls have said I am "hot" only as a kind of consolation, or perhaps because they were too horny.

What I know for sure is that whenever I and a girl start getting to know each other better and deeper, at a certain point they seem to think I am a waste of time or weird or totally strange.

What would you suggest me to do to understand what might be the cause of me never having a girlfriend, and how I could try to increase the chances?
    For one thing not having a girlfriend means they can't cheat on you :mad:

(anon or delete please)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't think I'm God's gift to women, the world and everything and I've had 3 year relationship. Just calm down. There's nothing wrong with confidence but you act as though you think you're the greatest person who's ever lived. Overinflated ego ≠ confidence. One is attractive, the other isn't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.