Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 22 and have finally decided what I want to do!! I want to go into a career in Law and want to start A level Law part time - then see what opportunities at uni I can go on from with the qualifications I will gain.

I want to go to uni and enjoy myself, and in a way regret not doing it when i left college, but at the same time at least i have gained some good work experience knowledge from being in full time healthcare work since college.....

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not be able to enjoy yourself now?

ReputationRep:
    People at uni don't really notice age, i have loads of friends who are over 22 and they have as much fun as others. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, there's 30+ plus people who I study and hang out with.

But going to uni just for a good time and nothing else is pointless anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Heck no, I'm 27 and planning to have plenty of fun

ReputationRep:
    No way! Just go and enjoy it however you want, you're still young

ReputationRep:
    I hear A level law generally isn't good... but you're not asking that so i'll shut up :P

Loads of people go to uni much older than you.

ReputationRep:
    no way. im 24 and going in sept and cant wait.

the younger students are gonna have to catch up to me!

ReputationRep:
    I bloody hope not! Seriously, just go and do as you please. You'll find a lot of people even older than you and anyway people really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Not really, there's 30+ plus people who I study and hang out with.

But going to uni just for a good time and nothing else is pointless anyway.
    No im not doing it JUST to have a good time, but wondered whether I would still fit in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeeWayleee)
    I hear A level law generally isn't good... but you're not asking that so i'll shut up :P

Loads of people go to uni much older than you.
    Why have you heard it isn't good?

ReputationRep:
    In university YOU are never too OLD!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah I met my boyfriend here (same year as me) and he is 23 now.

He does all the stuff everyone else does, he gets drunk, plays pool, etc. etc.; why wouldn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as you're not too old no one cares.... I am a mature student and i had no problems did everything i want.

ReputationRep:
    No way!

You're still young, you're fine. Go grab yourself some party tix now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and going in september and fully expect to have a good time! We're not THAT old!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnie3526)
    Why have you heard it isn't good?
    Just doing A level law isn't considered a good subject. I'm not an expert... maybe refer to some of the past threads for help? You mention going to college i think... what did you study?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and I started uni last year but really didn't like what I had chosen to do nor the university, so hopefully going to do what I want next year so I will have jst turned 23. It's not old at all, it's still young plus you want to achieve everything that you want before you start settling down so that you can be in a good job.
    If anything, last year we had a 50 something on our course . Quite often, she would come into lectures still drunk from the night before.
    Jst make sure that law is what you want to do as someone who has studied it, I found there to be a lot of reading and little room for individual thought but then there were a lot of people who enjoyed it. Can you not use the qualifications that you gained at college?

ReputationRep:
    You are never too old to have fun.

Age does not hinder anything - movement sometimes. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You're never too old to have a good time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.