Turn on thread page Beta

What exactly do ****buddies do? watch

ReputationRep:
    No, seriously.
    When you have a ****buddy, how do you act around him/her? Do you just hang around normally and end up doing it whenever you're at each other's place? Is it a friendly thing you do between games on the Xbox? It's just hard to picture.

(surely, I'm talking about ones who are also buddies)

ReputationRep:
    They ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    They ****.
    You mean fsck ?

ReputationRep:
    it depends .. if you're already friends then it shouldnt be awkward and it could just be something that, like you say, happens whenever you guys meet up "between xbox games" ... i think it only gets awkward when you're not clear on the fact that you dont want a relationship.. if you're both clear on that then you dont get the awkward "what now" phase after sex, it just goes back to normality and whatever you were doing before... hope this helps..

ReputationRep:
    I think that's about right, yeah :rofl:
    Play X-Box, wrestle a bit, end up in bed, go to the pub, then shake hands and go home.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    it's basically being friends with sometimes having sex, but no commitments.

ReputationRep:
    ****buddy - don't forget that a buddy is a friend. When you see an f.b. remember that your initial intention is to do things friends would do, whereas sex is secondary and can be done if you both happen to be alone and randy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sticky tape)
    it depends .. if you're already friends then it shouldnt be awkward and it could just be something that, like you say, happens whenever you guys meet up "between xbox games" ... i think it only gets awkward when you're not clear on the fact that you dont want a relationship.. if you're both clear on that then you dont get the awkward "what now" phase after sex, it just goes back to normality and whatever you were doing before... hope this helps..
    Would you kiss during? It just seems like one of those things that are normally necessary - but between friends would make it even more weird.

ReputationRep:
    You don't just meet up, have sex and leave if that's what you were thinking...
    I think a lot of people or at least people I know mostly just have sex with them after a night out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    Would you kiss during? It just seems like one of those things that are normally necessary - but between friends would make it even more weird.
    yeah, i mean normally if you're f*** buddies you're attracted to each other, even if only a little.. so why not? i would find it odd to be having sex with someone without kissing them even once..

ReputationRep:
    that's the typical friends with benefits.. so theses persons are friends first and also do what friends do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    They just sit around, discuss. The discussing leads to touching, then the touching leads to sex, then there is no mystery there.

They may also just sit about and chat. Or watch a film together.
    Rilo Kiley? EDIT: I hope I haven't got that wrong now haha

ReputationRep:
    well me and mine we just hang around like mates with other mates have a laugh talk a lot, sometimes we dont see each other for a while but whenever we have a free house, we generally just do the dirty. if you have to act differently to try and hide your feelings or wonder what to do so it isnt awkwad then maybe this guy isnt the right 'fsck' buddy for you. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sticky tape)
    yeah, i mean normally if you're f*** buddies you're attracted to each other, even if only a little.. so why not? i would find it odd to be having sex with someone without kissing them even once..
    Same. Kissing is an intimate thing but intimacy does not imply both people should be in a relationship or have a more-than-platonic attraction to each other.

I do kissing, holding hands and cuddling with my fb's and we're both okay with it really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Same. Kissing is an intimate thing but intimacy does not imply both people should be in a relationship or have a more-than-platonic attraction to each other.

I do kissing, holding hands and cuddling with my fb's and we're both okay with it really...
    exactly!

ReputationRep:
    You're friends. So you talk etc. But there is no romantic interest. However there is a bit of physical attraction, or actually a lot.

We used to make it obvious to each other we wanted each other... At school LOTS of flirting and getting close. It was obvious as hell to everyone around us but it was hard not too!!! Then we'd just go.. be friendly and then be normal friends untill we both wanted it again. This was usually frequent with lack of time and place We used to kiss during. Hoowever it wasn't untill about half a year of us being "together" we kissed.. 2 years later we actually kiss infront of other people lol cause people know..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.