Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

on my contract it says that i can move in the last weekend of August for a september the 1st start to the course, does that mean you technically enroll on the course on that day or does it mean that your first lecture is that day?

I say this because i thought you had a week or so after you have moved in before any actual lectures start.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Hi

on my contract it says that i can move in the last weekend of August for a september the 1st start to the course, does that mean you technically enroll on the course on that day or does it mean that your first lecture is that day?

I say this because i thought you had a week or so after you have moved in before any actual lectures start.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks
    Lectures don't start til 5th October. Freshers week is the week before that. Which halls are you moving into? (assuming you're a first year..). You might need to phone up to find out for definite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    Lectures don't start til 5th October. Freshers week is the week before that. Which halls are you moving into? (assuming you're a first year..). You might need to phone up to find out for definite.
    hi, thats write im 1st year and going liberty park

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you're paying for ras90 and I'd recommend giving the contract a thorough read through.

If you are paying for August rent then you should be able to move in during that month unless there's a condition listed on the contract or otherwise.

As mentioned by steer4life freshers week starts a week before the lectures do which would be from 28th September. I personally wouldn't recommend moving in before this date since you will need money to live off thus resulting in pointless spending, so stay at home with the family until then.

Any others questions, feel free to post them here and you will have them answered promptly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.