Turn on thread page Beta

Forget dumbells, this is where it's at. (The Shake Weight - Video) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S3C4AC908w

Surely a load of BS. I always assumed the correct method of muscle useage was to full contract and relax through one smooth, steady movement. This seems to be doing the opposite, keeping the muscles constantly contracted, whilst forcing the user to carry out sporadic fast jerky movements.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I almost feel like slapping someone for having (briefly) watched that. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    It works on the same principle as power plates I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the science is actually right though, you're muscle outputs the most force during isometric contraction (makes sense, your muscles put in the most force when it's against a solid stationary block, you have to put in all of your effort to move it, even if you can't.)

So yer, they're right, muscles do output more force. but to actually train muscles, they need to move :awesome:

Otherwise it just looks like something men would use for self satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    Lol, the science is actually right though, you're muscle outputs the most force during isometric contraction (makes sense, your muscles put in the most force when it's against a solid stationary block, you have to put in all of your effort to move it, even if you can't.)

So yer, they're right, muscles do output more force. but to actually train muscles, they need to move

Otherwise it just looks like something men would use for self satisfaction.
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I got an erection.

ReputationRep:
    Toned arms and the ability to crush your mister's cock.

ReputationRep:
    hahahhahahahahahaha, the only women who will buy that are either; 1- extremly naive, 2- vvank practice

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.