Turn on thread page Beta

Travel from Camden to Uxbridge watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was just allocated to Hampstead residence (KCL) in Camden. I will be going to KCL and my boyfriend to Brunel. We were planning on him driving to Uxbridge, as it is cheaper and faster, but as it turns out, students at the residence cannot apply for parking permit and there is really not much space to park anyways. So, trying to figure out what to do?! Does anyone know how long the public transport takes to get from Camden to Uxbridge? Metropolitan line is slow and could take quite some time...:eek3: Any input will be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Instead of doing the Metropolitan line between C.London and Harrow-On-The-Hill you could get the Chiltern Line from Marylebone which covers this bit in a lot shorter time, then your only option is to hop onto the Metropolitan line to Uxbridge.

Camden Town station is right in the centre of Camden. Take the Northern Line from there to King's Cross or Moorgate (or the 27 bus to Great Portland Street) and change onto the Metropolitan line to Uxbridge (make sure it's the right branch, you might have to change at Harrow-on-the-Hill). After this you get any one of about 6 or 7 buses from Uxbridge to the campus or you can walk, it's about a mile.

Your other alternatives are from Marylebone (27 bus from Camden) to West Ruislip (U1 bus to Brunel) or Paddington (27 bus from Camden) to West Drayton (U1, U3, U5, 222 buses to Brunel).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, very helpful!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.