Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else receieved a letter from MMU asking you to send them a passport photo of yourself so that they can make a student card for you over the summer? Sounds like you need it to get in most places at the uni..

ReputationRep:
    yep got mine this morning. atleast we wont have 2 stand in a line for ages waiting to get it done at the beginning of term!!

ReputationRep:
    i havent got myne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennieg33)
    yep got mine this morning. atleast we wont have 2 stand in a line for ages waiting to get it done at the beginning of term!!
    Still have to wait in line to collect your card, which can take a while if they get busy :-)

ReputationRep:
    Got my letter today, must get a nice photo which always takes me ages because I have to make sure I'm having a happy day otherwise I won't be happy with the photo - this is why it took me so long to get my passport updated!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got mine yet, laaaaame. And also lame we have to get a photo ourself, stress of finding that rare good photo

ReputationRep:
    got miiiine today... guess this means ill have to actually get dressed on my day off :O

ReputationRep:
    ffs i had a day off 2day and specifically intended to go get my photos done...so went to the local morrisons where they have one of those photo booth things "temporarily out of order" WHAT A JOKE! absolutely typical..

ReputationRep:
    ahh i got mine. im gonna do myne at home. cheaper + better x

ReputationRep:
    No sign of mine

ReputationRep:
    jus sent mine off now... Shockin picture haha.

ReputationRep:
    Just sent mine off too. took me a good 5 mins to stop my fringe fallin in front of my face. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon its alright if we do it at home? Just as long as its passport sized?

Do you reckon this is too low quality?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that'll be fine, I mean they're always so grainy and stuff when they print them on the plastic cards, plus more relaxed at home. When mine comes I'll be doing the same. I dunno how to say this without sounding lame but you look good in that photo so I'd send that.
    And luke, fringe? Emoooooo

ReputationRep:
    LOL! funny you should say that cus i have actually had it trimmed today lol...

ReputationRep:
    As long as its printed on photo paper and its passport size isnt doesnt matter if you do it yourself

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine in last year, within the deadline, and it was a damn good photo! When I eventually went to get my student card, I was told they didn't have a photo on record so I would have to take one RIGHT THERE. I was hungover, no makeup - imagine how gorgeous that looked

However, when I lost my card and had to buy a new one, they'd magically found the nice photo so my card now has the nice photo! Lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Do you reckon its alright if we do it at home? Just as long as its passport sized?

Do you reckon this is too low quality?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i think it should be ok? if it dont come out nicely you could jus go to ur local asda? n print em out there. jus use a good resolution camera

ReputationRep:
    hmm no sign of any letter, should i be worried?

i accepted my offer of halls on the 29th July if that means anything

ReputationRep:
    Me neither Jay, I accepted on 30th as had no money, so reckon we'll get it later than the others.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.