Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter about the card two weeks before I got my accommodation offer so I don't think it's related.

ReputationRep:
    Your card you dont need as much as the number on it, need for tests, and some class. the card is mainly used to get in to the big library, like the all saints one and the for going in to student nights lol.
    also for end of your tests you need it to prove u are who ur ment to be doing the test

Also for the pic you can send one in but when i did it, after i sent one in, i turned up on my first day and they would print you off the card right there and use a web cam to take a pic to put on it so the pic i sent in was not used

ReputationRep:
    got mine today

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off 2day, my picture looks terrible i look like a bloody convict because apprently i wasnt aloud to smile :|

ReputationRep:
    worrying me, i havnt recieved anything :/

ReputationRep:
    Me neither, tho i only accepted on 30th

ReputationRep:
    i still havent recieved anything and when i emailed MMU about the student card, this is the reply i got, what struck me is that other people have recieved letters and sent stuff off to them...

"If you have a conditional offer, then you will have to wait to receive your results, if
    you have not already got them, so that your offer becomes unconditional when/if you have
    met the requirements. (If you already have your results, then you will need to contact the
    Admissions team on [email protected] or 0161 247 5921 with the results)

After the confirmation that you have met the requirements-for A-Levels this will be from
    the 20th of August onwards-you will then be in line to receive all of the relevant
    documents for registration with the university.

You do not get your student card until you enrol at the university on the week that your
    course is due to start."

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i had an unconditional offer maybe thats why they sent me a letter.

ReputationRep:
    thnks for that, panic over

ReputationRep:
    Bah I'm unconditional but still haven't received it

ReputationRep:
    eek still not received it so dropped them an email

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilin_dude)
    Bah I'm unconditional but still haven't received it
    In the same boat. Already sorted out accommodation, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Do you reckon its alright if we do it at home? Just as long as its passport sized?

Do you reckon this is too low quality?
    Spoiler:
    Show

i got a nice pic of me but the top of my hair cut off :| do you think it matters?

oh and i think your picture will be fine cuz its only for uni but maybe u need to crop it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitch41)
    Has anyone else receieved a letter from MMU asking you to send them a passport photo of yourself so that they can make a student card for you over the summer? Sounds like you need it to get in most places at the uni..
    You only need it for the library and maybe exam time, that's all :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.