Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone have any photos of the rooms at Endcliffe Vale flats? It would be useful to know how they're laid out and what's included! For example, do they have under bed storage? Any info from people who lived there last year would be great too

x

ReputationRep:
    Hi fizzylemon, there's a video of a current student showing you round Endcliffe up on the Freshers facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16134367466 - just scroll to the bottom to find it.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Vickytoria- that was really helpful!
    Would a room with a shared bathroom be just like the one in the video- (with underbed storage, a bookshelf, a desk with drawers and wardrobe)- but with a sink also included?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've never been inside an Endcliffe Vale flat, although have seen them from the outside, but as a general rule, anything with a shared bathroom does have a separate sink in the room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzylemon)
    Thank you Vickytoria- that was really helpful!
    Would a room with a shared bathroom be just like the one in the video- (with underbed storage, a bookshelf, a desk with drawers and wardrobe)- but with a sink also included?
    x
    I've not seen the video but i'd guess it would be of the newer endcliffe village flats & not endcliffe vale. vale's older and to be honest it's not as nice looking. I've been cleaning there this summer. The rooms are a little bit bigger than endcliffe village, there's a sink comfy chair, desk, desk chair, wardrobe & cupboard (some of them if not all have some built in cupboards/wardrobes which are fairly big), set of shelves & 1 or 2 sets of drawers, they don't have the wooden beds with storage under. The carpets are a bit old and manky unfortunately, as are the kitchens but i was told they're getting replaced this summer. bathroom wise i think there was a bathroom with loo, bath & shower and a separate loo and separate 2nd shower between 10 people.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Dionysus and subterfuge- at least now i know what to expect- I'm fine with things being manky as long as i have a bit of storage space
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think subterfuge's description is qutie accurate. Flats of 9 or 10 sharing two showers. As far as I know most are single sex I think. It tends to be 100% gap yearers, and its a little more out of the way than some of the other blocks in endcliffe.

That said, I know someone who lived there who said she had a great year and was only left waiting for the bathroom once in a whole year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzylemon)
    Hi,

Does anyone have any photos of the rooms at Endcliffe Vale flats? It would be useful to know how they're laid out and what's included! For example, do they have under bed storage? Any info from people who lived there last year would be great too

x
    http://www.shef.ac.uk/accommodation/...ctive/villages

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.