Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so i know these types of threads have been done a million times over, but...

i recently met a friend of a friend, and thought he was pretty hot as soon as i met him, and we talk alot and dont have much to say to anyone else when were together.
    at first i thought he was just friendly and that i would have no chance, as i have been told that a lot of girls fancy him and he gets a lot of attention from girls.
    but i went out with him and 3 other people the other night and caught he checking me out / looking me up and down etc and a mutual friend of ours told him that i fancy him. apparantly he just said that he already knew i liked him.
    i dont yet know how he feels about me but i would catch him staring at me / staring down my top (lol) / checking me out, and i barely spoke to anyone else but him that night, and when we were all walking from place to place it would be us 2 walking together with the others several metres behind..
    our mutual friend has tried asking him what he thinks of me, with little success, but i feel too shy to tell him myself how i feel or to ask him.
    so yeah...is he just being friendly or is it something more?
    thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    anyone? x

ReputationRep:
    Ask him?

(On a more serious note, it sounds like growing friendship at the moment. If you ask the guy yourself, he may either try and get the answer from you first, before him telling you anything.)

ReputationRep:
    If he knew you liked him, he would have made a move. Most of the apprehension is because the girl won't let on how she feels until a guy does.

The fact he knows you like him, and he doesn't sound short of confidence either, if he really likes you back then something would happen. I think you might be reading too much into the rest of what you've said.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he does. Get together, and fast, or you'll end up in the friendzone.

ReputationRep:
    How often do you speak to him when your friends aren't around?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he'd be up for fertilising an egg of yours.

go for it champ. *playful fist tap to the chin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    If he knew you liked him, he would have made a move. Most of the apprehension is because the girl won't let on how she feels until a guy does.

The fact he knows you like him, and he doesn't sound short of confidence either, if he really likes you back then something would happen. I think you might be reading too much into the rest of what you've said.
    ok thanks
    btw he has just broken up with his gf of a year and is pretty sad about it still so eitrher your right and he doesnt like me that way or maybe hes not over his ex..

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him some more and get to know him abit better, if nothing happens atleast you have the potential to have a friendship there. He may be taking it slowly after his break up yes (not trying to give false hope) the only way you are going to find out really is by talking to him some more and seeing where things go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_woozle)
    ok thanks
    btw he has just broken up with his gf of a year and is pretty sad about it still so eitrher your right and he doesnt like me that way or maybe hes not over his ex..
    I'll never understand this 'getting over the ex' thing. Why mope around feeling sorry for yourself when someone better may come along. People live in the past too much!

ReputationRep:
    When this mutual friend of yours told him that you liked him, did he change towards you in any way? That looking you up and checking you out stuff is expected from any guy. But you say you guys talk, so talk some more and find out how he really feels about you. If it's no more than casual flirting, then you have one of two choices. Continue to flirt back and strut your stuff, or move on to the next fella, who let's hope, isn't just a flaunting flirt like this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Double p.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    I'll never understand this 'getting over the ex' thing. Why mope around feeling sorry for yourself when someone better may come along. People live in the past too much!
    Maybe because they admired their ex? and still do if this moping individual wasn't the one to break it off. It's hard to overcome your emotions; so much harder to control them. If you fall in love with a girl and she breaks it off after 2 years, are you telling me you won't be crushed? or at the very least sad and perhaps mope around for a day or a week? In a way, it's kinda like mourning for someone close to you who has passed on. It would be disrespectful if you didn't. If you hooked up with another gal 2 days later, that would say a lot about you. More negatives than positives, if you catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    When this mutual friend of yours told him that you liked him, did he change towards you in any way? That looking you up and checking you out stuff is expected from any guy. But you say you guys talk, so talk some more and find out how he really feels about you. If it's no more than casual flirting, then you have one of two choices. Continue to flirt back and strut your stuff, or move on to the next fella, who let's hope, isn't just a flaunting flirt like this guy.
    well he seemed more talkative than when i met him before but that might just be because we were both drunk (lol) or because he knows me a little better now or maybe im imagining it lol.
    anyways thanks for the advice (everyone), i think il just be a flirt and see how things go!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    Maybe because they admired their ex? and still do if this moping individual wasn't the one to break it off. It's hard to overcome your emotions; so much harder to control them. If you fall in love with a girl and she breaks it off after 2 years, are you telling me you won't be crushed? or at the very least sad and perhaps mope around for a day or a week? In a way, it's kinda like mourning for someone close to you who has passed on. It would be disrespectful if you didn't. If you hooked up with another gal 2 days later, that would say a lot about you. More negatives than positives, if you catch my drift.
    You'll be upset but life goes on. You might miss out on someone just as special mourning over something which isn't going to be fixed - even if you're hoping it will be.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.