Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Building muscle at home with no equipment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible / relatively easy?

I'm guessing push ups are really the only main thing i could do?

ReputationRep:
    burpees, jump squats, pull/chinups, tricep dips, pushups, plank. etc...

You won't gain as fast as weights, and you'll stall early simply because its difficult to add much resistance to any exercises. (stalls the wrong word for it, but it fits good enough for me).

IMO i wouldn't bother, and get gym equipment/membership. chinups and dips are vital though.

ReputationRep:
    Can do plyometrics, your push ups, sit ups etc. Can improvise with some things if you wanted to, to replicate moves like upright row or whatever but it's still never going to replicate a gym.

I mean if you can't afford a monthly fee you should at least invest in a barbell and some dumbells, but personally for muscle building a gym is by far the best way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattw89)
    Can do plyometrics, your push ups, sit ups etc. Can improvise with some things if you wanted to, to replicate moves like upright row or whatever but it's still never going to replicate a gym.

I mean if you can't afford a monthly fee you should at least invest in a barbell and some dumbells, but personally for muscle building a gym is by far the best way.
    Plyo's are recommended only after you've already trained a bit, they can wreck your body if not done right. DOMS after is a ***** as well.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ithout_weights

that article might be useful for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.