Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Want to ******* kill student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been put on hold for half an hour now. Got a letter saying they will only give me a loan and not a grant so I have something to start with because I haven't sent all the evidence when we have!!!!! If they don't sort this out then no uni for me. *******s.

ReputationRep:
    i'm having the same problems. I wasn't going for a loan origonally, just the grant, i sent all my info then decided on a loan.... i haven't heard anything about well, anything. I'm going to live at home and travel the 40 miles everyday so they better pay up :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Is it just the case that they have't got the evidence yet? That's what's happening with my application.

I agree though, they are *******s.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: I'll join you !

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the EXACT same problem while my friend hasn't heard a word from them yet!

ReputationRep:
    Okay get this everyone. Just got off the phone, apparently they are 10WEEKS behind in processing applications. I said to the guy, how do u expect me to go to uni then with no money, and he said ring up ur accomodation office and explain it to them! LOL . Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be a total ****-up. My parents have sent in all their information, twice, and I got the exact same letter from them, saying "still awaiting information" or some ********, and so have given me maximum loans. Argh, does this mean I have no shot of a grant?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, where's my grant!! I said what do u expect me to live off!! Arghhhh.

ReputationRep:

SF are just rubbish in general, they annoyed me last year and now they will annoy me again.
    Second time sending evidence

ReputationRep:
    10 WEEKS behind?! I'll be graduating by the time i get anything from them!!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my confirmation three weeks ago. I got a letter yesterday saying they had no received my online confirmation form (There was never one referenced, and I cannot find any mention of it anywhere else) and enclosed another copy of the same form I had already sent them.

I called them and they said "Oh we're behind so you might not have been processed yet"

Way to put me in limbo.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, get in the queue. There are a lot of angry people with violent intentions towards that bunch of disorganised tossers.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I got a confirmation form for me being non-assessed although I want to be assessed. I sent off evidence a couple weeks ago so I hope they get it .

I'm tempted just to sign the non-assessed form ...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me the number you have to ring to actually speak to a person? I've no idea how far along the process I am. I've filled in all my personal details, and my mother has sent stuff off, but apparently she still needs to fill things in online. However, when she goes online and puts in my alias ID it tells her that it's incorrect and she can't do anything. It isn't incorrect because it's the ID they pissing well emailed her themselves. Any help would be appreicated. Is there an actual deadline for getting everything sorted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliot Rosewater)
    Can someone give me the number you have to ring to actually speak to a person? I've no idea how far along the process I am. I've filled in all my personal details, and my mother has sent stuff off, but apparently she still needs to fill things in online. However, when she goes online and puts in my alias ID it tells her that it's incorrect and she can't do anything. It isn't incorrect because it's the ID they pissing well emailed her themselves. Any help would be appreicated. Is there an actual deadline for getting everything sorted?
    Is your mum doing under an account she has created or trying to do it under your account. She needs to create her own account and then use your Alias ID and DOB to link the account to yours.

I got a letter today saying that I get the basic loan, but not income assessed because I haven't sent the financial evidence. I have sent the evidence though, so what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Ok, I got a confirmation form for me being non-assessed although I want to be assessed. I sent off evidence a couple weeks ago so I hope they get it .

I'm tempted just to sign the non-assessed form ...
    Same, I dunno whether to send it off or not. 'Cause maybe they're gonna send out assessed information later? idk.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    The main cause of these problems is that most of these things are automated, but the system is too quick for the people working there to keep up with, so people get sent *****y letters about not having sent stuff off when in reality they may have sent it off two months ago (because it hasn't been processed by staff yet). I had the same problem, but then they caught up and sent me my assessment (twice, claiming I didn't send the first back, when I did), but since then I've had to send in a change of circumstances form (which they haven't processed yet).

Pain in the bumholio.

ReputationRep:
    If you've sent your application off before the closing date, and they're mid-way through it, and they're waiting for something from you, will you still get your money for the start of term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliot Rosewater)
    0845 300 50 90

Grrrrr i've just got off the phone to them and they still don't have the finicial evidence documents that I sent them weeks ago.

They lost my application (including my birth certificate) twice, if they've lost this as well i'm going to scream

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.