Turn on thread page Beta

Want to ******* kill student finance watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Is your mum doing under an account she has created or trying to do it under your account. She needs to create her own account and then use your Alias ID and DOB to link the account to yours.
    I see. Thanks. Do you know, if a parent has sent forms off in the post, do they still need to support an application online? And anyone know if there's a deadline. I'm really gash at this type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    If you've sent your application off before the closing date, and they're mid-way through it, and they're waiting for something from you, will you still get your money for the start of term?
    The guy on the phone just told me ''Yes, you will recieve your money if you applied before the deadline.''

But I don't know, they've been ************ me for months so I don't know what to believe. Every time I speak to an adviser they tell me something different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliot Rosewater)
    I see. Thanks. Do you know, if a parent has sent forms off in the post, do they still need to support an application online? And anyone know if there's a deadline. I'm really gash at this type of thing.
    If you've sent it off in the post, that should be enough. I've sent my whole application off by post and I haven't had to fill in anything online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    The guy on the phone just told me ''Yes, you will recieve your money if you applied before the deadline.''

But I don't know, they've been ************ me for months so I don't know what to believe. Every time I speak to an adviser they tell me something different.
    I know what you mean. When my internet account ****** up, an adviser told me to just fill in certain forms and post those, and my account would be updated. It wasn't. So, when I called back, another adviser told me that if something on the internet application isn't valid etc then the whole application will be stuck in limbo and never get processed. Then I had to fill out the two thousand page form and send it by post. One half doesn't know what the other half is doing. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    If you've sent it off in the post, that should be enough. I've sent my whole application off by post and I haven't had to fill in anything online.
    That's encouraging. I still have no idea what I'm doing though. I've had an email saying that they've recieved my online application, and that they'd send a letter letting my mum know how to support it. They have yet to send this letter, but my mum says she's already sent off all her income details and things. So I don't know whether to leave it online and see what happens, or get her to support my application online again.

ReputationRep:
    That's encouraging. I still have no idea what I'm doing though. I've had an email saying that they've recieved my online application, and that they'd send a letter letting my mum know how to support it. They have yet to send this letter, but my mum says she's already sent off all her income details and things. So I don't know whether to leave it online and see what happens, or get her to support my application online again.
    If the forms your Mum has sent have got your reference number on, then they should be linked up EVENTUALLY. If it's simple to just fill in the info again online, then you could do that, if you wanted? At least you'd know you'd covered every eventuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I've been put on hold for half an hour now. Got a letter saying they will only give me a loan and not a grant so I have something to start with because I haven't sent all the evidence when we have!!!!! If they don't sort this out then no uni for me. *******s.
    thats what happened to my boyfriend. He rang up and the guy said it happens alot, there just really slow at updating the system to say they have parents information.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. When my internet account ****** up, an adviser told me to just fill in certain forms and post those, and my account would be updated. It wasn't. So, when I called back, another adviser told me that if something on the internet application isn't valid etc then the whole application will be stuck in limbo and never get processed. Then I had to fill out the two thousand page form and send it by post. One half doesn't know what the other half is doing. :woo:
    LOL, the same thing happened to me! My internet application messed up - it automatically put my Degree subject as Law which I'd applied for the previous year, not this year. So they told me to apply by post and it would over-ride the online form.
    Then they lost my post application. Twice. :facepalm:

They're so incompetant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Ok, I got a confirmation form for me being non-assessed although I want to be assessed. I sent off evidence a couple weeks ago so I hope they get it .

I'm tempted just to sign the non-assessed form ...
    I got my declarartion form ages ago, but I just called them up asking whether the one I sent off (non income assessed declaration form when I applied for income assessed) would mean that I wouldn't get a means tested loan. I sent it off 3 weeks ago and it got approved within a week (non-income assessed), but they just told me that I shouldn't worry that a means tested one will come through. Just make sure you send off that one even if it's the wrong thing. LOL that sounded so confusing, but I guess it kind of epitomises their confused system :confused:

ReputationRep:
    God knows why they set up an online system when they can't handle a postal one. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    I got my declarartion form ages ago, but I just called them up asking whether the one I sent off (non income assessed declaration form when I applied for income assessed) would mean that I wouldn't get a means tested loan. I sent it off 3 weeks ago and it got approved within a week (non-income assessed), but they just told me that I shouldn't worry that a means tested one will come through. Just make sure you send off that one even if it's the wrong thing. LOL that sounded so confusing, but I guess it kind of epitomises their confused system :confused:

Ok, I think I get what you're saying, I'll just send this one off tomorrow.

I just want it all to be resolved! :woo:

I tried ringing them today to arrange a change of bank account details (I want my dad's account to get my maintenance loan so he can pay the deficit between that and my accomodation fees, just sooo much easier than him sending me it into an account before the uni debits it) and the man insisted that it 'couldn't happen'.

I can understand why, incase some greedy parents took the student's money, but it seems so strange that they'd flatly refuse even if I'd rang up and requested it aaand explained why!

Silly company.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine through within a couple of weeks (if that!)

Mind you i only get a loan, didnt go for income assessed because i woulda got nothing

But yeah, i want to kill them because i dont get a grant, which is a p*** take.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here actually gotten through to a human person when calling them? How long did it take?

Has anyone here actually gotten through to a human person when calling them? How long did it take?
    A couple of minutes; going through an automated word recognition process (i.e. 'Did you say YES to advice on your loan status?' etc)
    then a real person, a very friendly Geordie chap .

This was at 9:20 though, just as the lines were beginning to open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    A couple of minutes; going through an automated word recognition process (i.e. 'Did you say YES to advice on your loan status?' etc)
    then a real person, a very friendly Geordie chap .

This was at 9:20 though, just as the lines were beginning to open.
    Yeah, I've been through the robots. But they've been holding me for a fair amount of time now. Might just do as you did and try early tomorrow, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Yes a couple of times after about 10 minutes listening to music on the line and the same message about being in a queue being repeated over and over I spoke to someone. To be honest they aren't much help even when you do speak to them, just keep requesting information I've already sent.

Yeah, I've been through the robots. But they've been holding me for a fair amount of time now. Might just do as you did and try early tomorrow, cheers.
    Ah, I don't like the pressure of having to talk into a robot silence.

No problem .

ReputationRep:
    My letter came through weeks ago :awesome:

though I am going into 2nd year..

(Original post by nuodai)
    The main cause of these problems is that most of these things are automated, but the system is too quick for the people working there to keep up with, so people get sent *****y letters about not having sent stuff off when in reality they may have sent it off two months ago (because it hasn't been processed by staff yet). I had the same problem, but then they caught up and sent me my assessment (twice, claiming I didn't send the first back, when I did), but since then I've had to send in a change of circumstances form (which they haven't processed yet).

Pain in the bumholio.
    Is there any point in resending the stuff then? Surely it will be in their huge pile of documents and they will eventually get around to it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.