Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Adeline-)
    Yes a couple of times after about 10 minutes listening to music on the line and the same message about being in a queue being repeated over and over I spoke to someone. To be honest they aren't much help even when you do speak to them, just keep requesting information I've already sent.
    I've just gotten through to a complete pissant. He kept *****ing saying I clearly hadn't read all the letters they'd sent me correctly. I told him they hadn't send any letters yet. I genuinely can't believe how awful SF is. I mean, I appreciate I'm pretty late sorting it, but they're just gash. Plus, what the hell was with the music they play when they have you on hold? It horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Did you lot all apply for student finance online??

I tried but didn't get very far lol .. So I had them send me an application form and I filled that it and sent it back with all the info they needed and mine has been processed

(I did do mine back in March/April though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Ah, I don't like the pressure of having to talk into a robot silence.

No problem .
    Just got through to then. Needless to say they weren't even helpful.

(Original post by Eliot Rosewater)
    Just got through to then. Needless to say they weren't even helpful.
    Oh dear, were they at least friendly?

ReputationRep:
    I've just gotten through to a complete pissant. He kept *****ing saying I clearly hadn't read all the letters they'd sent me correctly. I told him they hadn't send any letters yet. I genuinely can't believe how awful SF is. I mean, I appreciate I'm pretty late sorting it, but they're just gash. Plus, what the hell was with the music they play when they have you on hold? It horrendous.
    Yes I applied at the end of April and it's still not sorted. The music got incredibly annoying very quickly, but the automated message about 'would it be more convenient to visit us online' was even worse.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, were they at least friendly?
    Not really. He sounded angry that I'd rung to try and find out what was wrong. He said I should read through everything they've sent me and check I hadn't made a mistake. Now that'd be fair enough, if they'd actually sent me anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I've been put on hold for half an hour now. Got a letter saying they will only give me a loan and not a grant so I have something to start with because I haven't sent all the evidence when we have!!!!! If they don't sort this out then no uni for me. *******s.
    lolz

suck on my £711 grant, full tuition fee loan and £4600 (or something like that) loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Moo129)
    i'm having the same problems. I wasn't going for a loan origonally, just the grant, i sent all my info then decided on a loan.... i haven't heard anything about well, anything. I'm going to live at home and travel the 40 miles everyday so they better pay up :grin:
    Why would you want to travel 40 miles a day and live at home when you could move out and have the time of your life and make friends in halls?

Not really. He sounded angry that I'd rung to try and find out what was wrong. He said I should read through everything they've sent me and check I hadn't made a mistake. Now that'd be fair enough, if they'd actually sent me anything.
    Oh dear, sounds similar to my dealings with Inland Revenue yesterday; utter nightmare.

I've been massively lucky with Student Finance though, I applied early March and everything was sorted by June, bar the hitch with bank accounts.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off around Febuary/March. Sent them a certified copy of my ID a few weeks ago since they asked for it. I haven't heard back. I'm worried they might have lost it, and by the time they realise it's too late for me to get any money

ReputationRep:
    hey guys you might wanna try this number 0845 607 7577 i got through to them quicker on this....i sent mya pplication of in april since then thye keep on rrequesting stuff which i sent of which they didnt process so assessed me non income based and keep on sneding me declarations to sign:mad: after finally getting through to them they said were procesing you application sign the declaration and send it during the mean time as you are signing the terms and conditions and there gonna reassess me once they processed the evidence recieved which i sent them at the end of last month:mad: so im with you lot it is frustrating!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dftt)
    Why would you want to travel 40 miles a day and live at home when you could move out and have the time of your life and make friends in halls?
    Money.

I sat working out everything and it will be cheaper for me to travel in everday then be accommodated.

I am doing a foundation year so the plan is to move over next year and save a years worth of debt

There's no way i'm missing out :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, sounds similar to my dealings with Inland Revenue yesterday; utter nightmare.

I've been massively lucky with Student Finance though, I applied early March and everything was sorted by June, bar the hitch with bank accounts.
    Most things that involve banks, finance and automated messages are normally really irritating.

See, I don't understand why I didn't do what you've done and apply early. For some reason I've tackled SF with a massive amount of optimism. I kept leaving it and leaving it, just assuming everything will fall into place. Damn my lax attitude to almost everything!

ReputationRep:
    I tried ringing them today to arrange a change of bank account details (I want my dad's account to get my maintenance loan so he can pay the deficit between that and my accomodation fees, just sooo much easier than him sending me it into an account before the uni debits it) and the man insisted that it 'couldn't happen'.

I can understand why, incase some greedy parents took the student's money, but it seems so strange that they'd flatly refuse even if I'd rang up and requested it aaand explained why!

Silly company.
    Just give them the details you want it changed to. Don't give them the whole story behind it. They can't tell whos bank account it is just from the Sort Code and Account Number.

ReputationRep:
    My mother still hasn't completed the support an application part. Does anybody know what will happen? I WOULD QUALIFY FOR THE GREATEST AMOUNT AS MY PARENTS INCOME IS VERY LOW. APOLOGIES FOR CAPS - MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Moo129)
    Money.

I sat working out everything and it will be cheaper for me to travel in everday then be accommodated.

I am doing a foundation year so the plan is to move over next year and save a years worth of debt

There's no way i'm missing out :grin:
    That's not so bad if it's a foundation year, makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belkin)
    My mother still hasn't completed the support an application part. Does anybody know what will happen? I WOULD QUALIFY FOR THE GREATEST AMOUNT AS MY PARENTS INCOME IS VERY LOW. APOLOGIES FOR CAPS - MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK LOL!
    GET HER TO COMPLETE IT NOW!
    You will get the loans/grants but it wont be in time for the beginning of uni, I would imagine.
    I sent mine off in late june and its been 4 weeks and still I've received no correspondence.

ReputationRep:
    They've taken mine from "Non Means-Assessed" to "Being Assesed", but it's not complete yet.

Further along than most, at a pinch. Thank god York start a month late.

ReputationRep:
    ohh btw if you sent your birth cert or ANY ORIGINAL ID they HAVE to acknowledge receipt of it within 2 weeks, the man said so and the lady I'm on hold with now has said the same. And it's best to send it recorded delivery as I've just told them mine has gone in that way and they've put me back on hold to try and find it (which they have received! Success!) but it won't be processed for AGES! Oh, and I've been told the processing time is now only 30 days.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like most of us are in the same boat...Guys and girls, please, sign the petition - we need 500 signatures to have SFE investigated and to get a government's response.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Finance-Student/

THANK YOU!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.